Would you rather teleport?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
winjim

winjim

Smash the cistern
Cycling is mainly a lifestyle choice. Why would some rather teleport. Beggars belief.
I'm walking rather than cycling at the moment, but the commute is a bit of my own time between work and the hecticness of two small kids. A 'buffer' as they call it on the poster.

Although recently I've been commuting by car between Sheffield and Manchester and even that's been nice. Four hours a day of getting to listen to whatever I want, music or radio, I haven't had that luxury for a long time.

Reactions: C R

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
On one hand, I agree. The commute gives me free exercise, as in it doesn't take me any longer than driving would. I am also getting some brain re-set time, and setting a good example to my little one by using my bike daily.

On the other hand, as pointed out, if I was teleporting, I don't need to live where I am, and could live somewhere else. So I guess I would teleport to a location about 7 miles from my office, where I would keep my bike, and then cycle in the rest?

:bicycle:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I think actually moving somewhere more remote and then teleporting in is a bit outside the scope of the survey...

Why? It’s the logical conclusion of what teleporting gives you. It’d remove all the pressure on population in certain areas, it’d dump house prices right down. Companies would also gain all sorts of benefits from a logistical point of view.

Forget next day delivery, beam that bike part to me now!

Can I just teleport to from the bottom to the top of the hills?

The problem with that is that I feel we get most of the fitness benefits from hills as we put in the most effort. If we just teleported up them then the rest of our cycling and health would suffer as our fitness dropped.

T675Rich

The problem with that is that I feel we get most of the fitness benefits from hills as we put in the most effort. If we just teleported up them then the rest of our cycling and health would suffer as our fitness dropped.

But the hills are hard, my fitness can't really get much lower tbf.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Look at the tweet. 35 would rather teleport
Indeed but democracy rules does it not? :laugh:

classic33

Leg End Member
In Star Trek, wasn't there always a limit on the numbers that could teleport at the same time?

Supposing whilst teleporting, you got mixed up with one or more who were in the system at the same time.

Top Bottom