Would you rather teleport?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T675Rich

But they will always remain hard and fitness low if you never tackle them.

Surely it's better for fitness than teleporting the whole way? I'm just lazy is all..

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I could have done with teleporting back from Chicago on Friday due to terrible weather and cancelled flights, however day to day I love my commute to work, mainly for the satisfaction of whizzing past the motons in their boxes. It should not give me pleasure, but honestly it does.

RoadRider400

Some bloke that likes cycling alone
Cycling is mainly a lifestyle choice. Why would some rather teleport. Beggars belief.

Bit of a sweeping statement.

I cycle to work on an old hybrid because it is both the cheapest and the fastest compared to car and public transport. Its very mundane doing the same route over and over and not especially enjoyable, unless I take a scenic route home in fine weather.

I cycle out into and around the country on Saturday/Sunday mornings in the summer. I use my roadbike and I am in no particular rush to get anywhere. I enjoy it very much.

To answer the original question I would rather teleport 90% of my commuting journeys.

snorri

Legendary Member
Serious hat on..............................
It's somewhat worrying that none of those expressing support for teleporting have questioned the environmental costs.
......................serious hat off.^_^

Last edited:
Reactions: C R

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
A long time ago I used to work from home and I found that it was impossible for me to switch off from work and relax. It was driving me potty. After a year I went and rented a small, recklessly expensive office just under six miles away across London. It would take me forty minutes in the car to get there and I loved every minute of the journey because it emphasised the physical and emotional separation between work and play. After a while, the sheer waste of time of sitting in traffic jams started to piss me off so I got a bike instead, but I still loved the fact that it took time to travel between the two places.
A big thumbs down to teleporting.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
A long time ago I used to work from home and I found that it was impossible for me to switch off from work and relax. It was driving me potty. After a year I went and rented a small, recklessly expensive office just under six miles away across London. It would take me forty minutes in the car to get there and I loved every minute of the journey because it emphasised the physical and emotional separation between work and play. After a while, the sheer waste of time of sitting in traffic jams started to piss me off so I got a bike instead, but I still loved the fact that it took time to travel between the two places.
A big thumbs down to teleporting.

Yes, but teleporting would mean that distance is unlikely to be an issue. So you could, say, nip off for a quickie in that bar you visited in San Fransico on holiday once or a bite to eat atop the Eiffel Tower before going home. You could do a lot of more interesting things with teleporting than just sit in your car.

Anyone here over......50 (something) ever want to be one of the Tomorrow People in the 70's? (flared jeans optional ^_^)

Top Bottom