Would you ride on this?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Thanks for your sage advice, folks! Got new tyre on, and had a fantastic, hilly, windy, but warm 66 miles. Really enjoyed myself, in a way I kinda needed (been a heavy week so far)
glad you enjoyed it

No, I wouldn't ride on that tyre!

Which is particularly relevant because I discovered today that the rear tyre on my Basso also looks like that! (The tyre went flat not far from home so I thought I would try pumping it up land imping home on it, but the valve core suddenly blew out. Thank goodness that didn't happen on the 40 mph descent that I had just done!)

I have new tyres on order (Lithion 2s are currently going for only £11.99 at Planet X! :smile:) but I will pinch one off my Cannondale for tomorrow's ride. I'll put a new tyre on the 'Dale when my order arrives.)
Funny how things happen like that, I broke a spoke on a rear RS11 toward the end of 50 mile ride (or something like that), I was 1/2 a mile from home, mind you my right shifter failed 30 miles from home last Sat.

That's a really kind offer, @AndyRM thank you. I have LBS just 2 mins walk from home (and about 40 seconds cycling)... just have to delay my start till he's open, thank you anyway, a very kind offer indeed, and (if @Shaun sees this) one of the very things that makes this forum so magnificent! :smile::thumbsup:
Quite agree :thumbsup:
And no I wouldn't ride it.

Top Bottom