Would you ride this road?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
B

Baneli

Update :smile:

I went for a ride down the route that joines Long Holme Drove last night and feel if it hasn't been raining to hard that would be fine to ride down as I didn't feel I was going slower then normal. It is an extra 5 miles or so onto my journey however so as I said when I feel I can do longer distances and want to make my trip longer I will go that way :smile: Maybe once or twice a week if I'm feeling like a long ride.

pshore

Also I take it Aldreth Causeway is one of the gated routes off the road? this one...

http://maps.google.c...2,39.15,,0,0.47

Yep, that's it.

I'm glad you enjoyed Long Holme Drove. Some days you need the short/fast route in, and others it is nice to take a bit longer and have a more pleasant ride or workout. Soon your work mates will be sick of your cycle commuter smile. :biggrin:

I predict that soon you will be longing for N+1.

andygates

Why the worry about it being next to a river?

Did you have a traumatic childhood experience with an agitated pike? ;)

RE: mirrors. I've used one but found it's better not to have one. It forces me to do regular shoulder checks to see what's going on & generally I'll end up seeing more like that than with a mirror. There is also a distinct psychological effect on drivers when you look over your shoulder rather than glance in a mirror, even 20 or 30 meters off you can see drivers change they way they perceive you after you do a shoulder check.

I agree with you that shoulder checks work wonders on drivers, I do them when I don't really need to, just for their benefit. But I wouldn't be without my Zefal Spy mirror.

Baneli - You can get them from Wiggle, bike 24, Amazon. Maybe even Richardsons would get you one in! They are quite small but will fit on you handle bars or frame/forks.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/zefal-spy-m...&referid=googwig&utm_adgroup=zefal_Spy Mirror
zefal-zemr-spy-mirror-med.jpg

thelawnet

Try cyclestreets.net for nicer routes and a look at the OS map for bridleways also.

Top Bottom