Would you say this was someone being an arse??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
The Dwaff Family

The Dwaff Family

Golf's not a posh sport, they play it in Scotland :whistle:

Hehe, now someone's asking for it :laugh: :biggrin:

Definite nobjockey :thumbsup:

A minority cycle like this on my local towpath, I just do my best to look like I'm not with them.

Can you cycle at the back of your pack? It is possible to take primary on a towpath and I've done it to slow someone behind me if I need to....

OP
OP
The Dwaff Family

The Dwaff Family

At such moments I find it helpful to sing a few lines Jimmy Buffett's "peanut Song"

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

Altogether now!

Haha, love it!!!!

OP
OP
The Dwaff Family

The Dwaff Family

Definite nobjockey :thumbsup:

A minority cycle like this on my local towpath, I just do my best to look like I'm not with them.

Can you cycle at the back of your pack? It is possible to take primary on a towpath and I've done it to slow someone behind me if I need to....

I already was, didn't have time to move as this guy was really speeding, skimmed past me partly on path and teeny piece of grass.:sad:

I already was, didn't have time to move as this guy was really speeding, skimmed past me partly on path and teeny piece of grass.:sad:

Ah right no worries, sounds like he wanted to go past no matter what. Not much we can do in those circumstances unless you want to clothesline him as he passes :whistle::biggrin:

fimm

Veteran
I enjoy running on our local towpath. I don't cycle there very often, because it is very busy with runners and families with kids and people walking their dogs and so on, so I feel you should keep your cycling speed right down. I'd rather go more briskly, so I stay on the road... I do feel a lot of cyclists hoof it along that towpath at inappropriate speeds. In that environment, cyclists are the large, fast, dangerous vehicles. Just as we ask for others to take care around us on the roads, so we should do the same around others who are more vulnerable than we are.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Little Yellow Brompton-I know it's peanut :thumbsup: , I just chose to say it differently :biggrin:

Arch-I hope so too and when I just so happen to be there again, hopefully!

But seriously, why on earth would someone be so wreckless? We alway's try and show decency to all, alway's teaching our children about etiquette(just for you 400bhp);) ,we say hello to all we pass, whether that be walker's, people on barges or other cyclists and alway's move out of the way for other people if we need to.

If I may politely correct you: you mean reckless. If he keeps that up he most certainly won't be wreckless.

OP
OP
The Dwaff Family

The Dwaff Family

So sorry my error has offended you so much that you just had to come on here to point it out. I had not realised this was some sort of spelling/grammar forum, shoot me down for making an error , I really don't care :biggrin:

benb

Evidence based cyclist
So sorry my error has offended you so much that you just had to come on here to point it out. I had not realised this was some sort of spelling/grammar forum, shoot me down for making an error , I really don't care :biggrin:

Well I did say it politely. I didn't mean to be rude, I was trying to be helpful. (I don't think I "shot you down")
Sorry.

Top Bottom