would you wear one…

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

02GF74

Über Member
Uncle Mort said:
"I noticed that cars passed me more slowly...and that the drivers and passengers were even making eye contact."

...and they were thinking "who's that prat?" :ohmy:

does it matter what they are thinking providing car drivers have noticed you and giving you the correct amoutn of road space?

Brock

If you stuck a rubber chicken on your head traffic would probably slow as it went past, at least until it was fairly common for cyclists to wear rubber chickens on their head, then everything would be back to normal.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Times article about it here.

Perhaps typically, in the commentary drivers refuse to not run cyclists wearing it down unless they begin to pay road tax.

Money quote from the article;
Still, Bill Whitney was impressed. A taxi driver for 14 years, Mr Whitney, 61, has had more than his share of collisions with cyclists. “I don’t mind cyclists, providing they use the roads right,” he said. “But they ride about with no lights, wearing all black. I just plough right through them. I might not, though, if they were wearing a jacket like that.”
(My emphasis).

So, wear the jacket, and four wheeled misanthropes like Whitney *may* condescend to allow you on to the road. Why is it ok for a national newspaper to print this sort of oafish comment unchallenged?

Keith Oates

Janner
I think that was very irresponsible of the times to quote someone with that attitude, perhaps they feel this will up sales!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And my answer is NO I would not wear one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

col

Legendary Member
May be a wrist velcro type unit,to put on over anything,just to aid signal visibility?But i think hi viz and dayglo has the back covered?

Top Bottom