Would you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
On my ride today 31 miles which is mostly rural /semi-rural I spotted 52 cyclist, 44 wore helmets now I would class most as leisure riders so it seems that someone i.e. media, bike shops ect has influenced them to wear one, but I wonder how many commuters and Sunday club rides wear them.

compo

Veteran
On my ride today 31 miles which is mostly rural /semi-rural I spotted 52 cyclist, 44 wore helmets now I would class most as leisure riders so it seems that someone i.e. media, bike shops ect has influenced them to wear one, but I wonder how many commuters and Sunday club rides wear them.

Did you really keep count to 52 AND to 44 at the same time.
Must have been a boring route.
I do agree that most riders I see on my rides are wearing helmets, me included. I was wearing them back in the '80's long before they became fashionable.

byegad

Legendary Member
Helmets save lives.

I look upon it as a civic duty to meddle in somelse's 'cycle time' explaining the benefits of wearing a helmet.

Try it with me and you'll get a dusty response. If a newbie cyclist is set on by a fanatic the moment they take their bike out they're more likely to leave it in the garage than ride again.

It's personal choice, end of.

Davidc

Guru
No

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom