Wow, a medal!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
I like medals so much I got two for LEL (the normal one and the LRM one). I was in a pretty bad way at BC southbound due to lack of sleep. I got a good 6 hours in there though and was ok from there.

I'll be volunteering in 2017.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Iwas in a pretty bad way at BC southbound due to lack of sleep. I got a good 6 hours in there though and was ok from there.

You did well.

One of the problems we had was sleep being disturbed by snoring and, put plainly, farting.

No easy answer to that in a communal situation, not helped by everyone being on a different sleep timetable.

We couldn't allow alarm clocks which meant we had to record everyone's bed position and a wake up time to wake them up individually.

My time on bed watch was quite quiet, but I avoided any administrative foul-ups which I was pleased about.

One French bloke moved to avoid a snorer/farter, but came out to tell me so I didn't go in a couple of hours later to wake an empty bed.

martint235

Dog on a bike
You did well.

One of the problems we had was sleep being disturbed by snoring and, put plainly, farting.

No easy answer to that in a communal situation, not helped by everyone being on a different sleep timetable.

We couldn't allow alarm clocks which meant we had to record everyone's bed position and a wake up time to wake them up individually.

My time on bed watch was quite quiet, but I avoided any administrative foul-ups which I was pleased about.

One French bloke moved to avoid a snorer/farter, but came out to tell me so I didn't go in a couple of hours later to wake an empty bed.
That was part of the reason I was in such a state. I'd got in to Edinburgh at about 3am and gone to sleep. Someone snored really loudly (only the once that I recall) and I looked up at the high windows, saw daylight and was up, dressed and eating breakfast before I realised it was only 5.30am.

Top Bottom