WOW..a nod from a motorbike and from a roadie in 1 day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

photography27

Been cycling to work for weeks, and not seen 1 commuter on my travels(morning and evening commutes), then all of a sudden today, i see a fellow roadie on the opposite side and he nods and smiles, COOL i thought, so i did the same back( riding through Morriston swansea) then shortly after a guy on a motorbike (some big 1000cc machine) comes towards me and does the biker nod at me......i felt very privialaged today, and may it continue

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
I passed (on the other side of the road) several groups of roadies today, and all waved/called a greeting. It must be the sunny weather!

Mind you, I couldn't help noticing that I seemed to be always travelling into the wind, whilst they were travelling with it. They were probably laughing their Shimano socks off at me!

GrasB

Veteran
No commuters seen but a fair amount of roadies. It was quite funny I passed one guy, I was riding into a head wind up a slight incline & then 10 miles we met again going the opposing way & he shouted in a friendly sarcastic tone "you made this look easy mate... you're a b***erd!"... I may have made it look easy but my HR was 90-95% HRmax :biggrin:

OP
OP
photography27

photography27

i think its cool, we can be kind to each other, and pleasent, something you dont get in cars lol.....even the motorcyclist's getting in on the act. i love cycling, fresh air, time to think, time to look around, hearing the birds singing on my morning commute

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
photography27 said:
i think its cool, we can be kind to each other, and pleasent, something you dont get in cars lol.....even the motorcyclist's getting in on the act. i love cycling, fresh air, time to think, time to look around, hearing the birds singing on my morning commute

Time?..Time? If you've time to do these things you are not working hard enough me lad:biggrin:

OP
OP
photography27

photography27

Gerry Attrick said:
Time?..Time? If you've time to do these things you are not working hard enough me lad:biggrin:

ha ha, i have a window of30 minutes to get to work, i cover 6.5miles, so i push myself at various points then relax at various points, i'm still an unexperienced cyclist at the mo, so not working to hard lol

Tynan

Veteran
bless you all, this week the bikes on my London commute are like shoals of sardines, anything that rolls, and some that distinctly don't really, is out there

and annoying some real scrap heaps going really rather quick, I was following a chap in trackies and trainers on a junker mtb doing 23mph on the way home today

no hellos on the mean steeets but a few sorries and after yous

Top Bottom