wow anyone get many postive comments on there ebike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Clearly riding an ebike at 15 mph with pedal assist doesn;t use as much energy as doing the same on e 'normal' bike
but so what???
if I go out on my ebike I generally just go faster with the same energy.
Hence I can go further and get to more places - which give me more incentive to go out as there are more route I can do in a reasonable time

If people want to get fit and burn energy then fine - I just want to go out in the fresh air and have an incentive to be active for a few hours a day. I could go for a walk and use the same energy - but I wouldn't go far and couldn;t get to as many places.

Of course I could put the bike (ebike or not) in my petrol powered car and go further - but how is that not cheating?

Punkawallah

Über Member
Not likely to get one myself, but if an ebike gets someone off their arse then I’m all for them!

carpiste

Guru
Not likely to get one myself, but if an ebike gets someone off their arse then I’m all for them!
You`ve hit the nail on the head!
After loads of health issues I was turning into the couch potato and knew I had to get fit again. I have been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and now on a massive diet and getting out and about again. Already gone from 15 miles to 25 miles every other day, sometimes every day, so for me it`s been a blessing :smile:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Quite a few people have stoped me and asked about it. Some say they have never seen one up close and personal, others didn't know you could get a folding Ebike, others ask how it works. Others like the look of it and come over to ask the usual questions.

carpiste

Guru
You must be younger than me! I used to say this but I have got to an age when I need that little extra help at times. I have only just got it a few days ago but I have to say what a joy. It has made cycling fun again.
I`ve had mine 2 months and it gets even better! I love mine.
Joy and fun! Exactly

Biker man

Some. Only had one negative 'cheating' comment, which stopped deadmin its tracks when I pointed out it wasn't even switched on and id still overtaken him on a steep climb.

I stop and chat to other ebike riders and we talk about each others steeds.
I have been asked many times about my ebike many people interested only one has said it's cheating it sounds so stupid cheating on QUOTE="windy7777, post: 6398322, member: 106238"]
ive spoke to more people in public about my ebike they all ask about it. im kind of shy so its kind wierd feeling
[/QUOTE]

Top Bottom