wow - one tough light!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oliver

So... riding home last night using three seperate lights, a cheap stobe/flashy one, a cheap ebay 53 led special and a £50 led lenser torch(my pride and joy of torches). so speeding downhill the led lenser decides to detach itself and fly backwards, under the train of trafic and roll down the center of the road. so i stop fearing the worst turn round and cycle back up the hill... and there it is no obvios damage and still shining bright (i was doing about 30-35mph!) with absolutly NO damage! - so is this just luck or has anyone else had such a (good) experience with an LED Lenser?

Svendo

Guru
What type of mount was it?
I've been looking at the bike specific B7 (http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?PartnerID=79&ModelID=52606) but wondered about the security of the mount. A non-bike model and a twofish lockblock I already have would work out cheaper.

OP
OP
oliver

oliver

selotape, blutack and a piece of modeling foam to position it (hence why the rain+selotape=fall off)!

i have also been eying that up - but for about 1/2 the price on ebay you can get a p7 ot t7 (still LED Lenser and about 30 lumens brigther) and then use a spider podium to hold it (12.99 on ebay) which is what i usualy use and this has not failed yet!

chugsy

selotape, blutack and a piece of modeling foam to position it (hence why the rain+selotape=fall off)!

i have also been eying that up - but for about 1/2 the price on ebay you can get a p7 ot t7 (still LED Lenser and about 30 lumens brigther) and then use a spider podium to hold it (12.99 on ebay) which is what i usualy use and this has not failed yet!

Sometimes it's cheaper to buy than bodge! $2.41 inc free postage from DX:

sku_31871_1.jpg

http://www.dealextre...-diameter-31871

I have two - the rubber block is nice and gummy and velcro is generous in length. 60 quid for a mount is mental!

chugsy

don't worry - for 60 quid you also get a 170lumen light that is nearly indestructable

as for the mount - ooh if only i was organized enough to buy a "specific" mount for a light! :laugh:

My bad - thought it was for the mount only :wacko: still don't like the look of the clamp on the top - one big pot hole and :hello:

Sometimes it's cheaper to buy than bodge! $2.41 inc free postage from DX:

sku_31871_1.jpg

http://www.dealextre...-diameter-31871

I have two - the rubber block is nice and gummy and velcro is generous in length. 60 quid for a mount is mental!

They don't like Smart BSpoke lights though :blush: Ive used my two fish lock block a few times with a tesco torch and it fitted fine but the batteries aren't great in the torch; so I thought I try it with my Smart BSpoke on the 15 mile cycle to the flat. I'd got most of the way there and then the Light came flying out; it still works fine but needs some electrical tape to hold it shut :blush: :blush:.

"Sometimes it's cheaper to buy than bodge
"
How right you are and this applys to most things. If you have the time and know how to do a good job then by all means do it. If you havent then pay someone who is good to do the job for you as most of the time this is the cheaper option. I was maybe lucky when I was working that I could get overtime and found early on that it was better for me to do four hours extra work and pay a person to do a job in an hour that would take me all day and still hash it up.

Downward

Guru
So... riding home last night using three seperate lights, a cheap stobe/flashy one, a cheap ebay 53 led special and a £50 led lenser torch(my pride and joy of torches). so speeding downhill the led lenser decides to detach itself and fly backwards, under the train of trafic and roll down the center of the road. so i stop fearing the worst turn round and cycle back up the hill... and there it is no obvios damage and still shining bright (i was doing about 30-35mph!) with absolutly NO damage! - so is this just luck or has anyone else had such a (good) experience with an LED Lenser?

My Tesco Torch fell off and got run over. It's battered but still working