Wow!! the benefits of cycling :-) :-)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnnyb47

Guru
Just last week I decided haul to my aging body on the scales and was amazed to see I have lost just over 2 1/2 stone. Its taken a couple of years but am still none the less pleased.
My diet intake has not really changed and still enjoy a beer or two at the weekend. I can only guess it's all down to cycling. Plugging away at the miles whenever I get chance has no doubt burnt the lard off my six chins and five bellies :-).
I was 16 ,1/2 st but now I'm just under 14.
People at work have commented about my weight loss and some have even stopped calling me fatty :-) :-).
Apart from the weight loss its been the best two years of regaining my life again and pursuing my lost passion for cycling.
You see the world in a different light on a bike and take more time to enjoy it's hidden wonders.
Whether it be spectacular views from the tops of the mountains whilst catching your breath or the magical night rides on a clear winters night. This year I can't wait to see what new cycling adventures and challenges will bring,and
it,s all done on a cheap £70 second hand road bike and a winter use mtb.
If your new to cycling or thinking of taking it up I can promise you will not be disappointed. Just keep at it, and it will reward you eventually with the benefits of enjoyment and better health ( mentally as well as physically )
and not forgetting the great community spirit of fellow cyclists you can meet ,such as places like "Cycle Chat" and out on the road :-)

Drago

Legendary Member
They've stopped calling you fatty...because you ate them! ;) :laugh:

Seriously, well done.

Slick

Guru
I'm glad you are feeling the benefit. I'd be surprised if nobody has already posted this, but I watched a news segment the other day on the BBC about the many benefits of cycling especially as we get older. Quite interesting.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Whether it be spectacular views from the tops of the mountains whilst catching your breath or the magical night rides on a clear winters night. This year I can't wait to see what new cycling adventures and challenges will bring,and it,s all done on a cheap £70 second hand road bike and a winter use mtb.

There's a bit of a lack of mountains in my neck of the woods, but one thing I like about cycling is it encourages curiosity, to take a little detour here and there and go down roads you don't normally use and find things you didn't even know were there despite having been born in an area. Sometimes, when in a car, it's too much of a faff to go down some place you don't know, then maybe have to find a gap to turn around in if you hit a dead end, and go back the way you came. On a bike, it's not such a big deal and because you are going more slowly, you tend to notice more things you'd whizz straight past in a car.
I agree that cycling can be enjoyed on a very small budget if you like to grab a bargain. Cheap bikes don't have to be rubbish, they just need to be unappreciated and unwanted by the consumerist masses who crave new and shiny even if new and shiny = flashy cheap rubbish.

Top Bottom