wrist strain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kewb

anyone got tips or a cure for wrist pain after long trips my wrist now seems to be permanately aching despite tube grip , ive got gel gloves
and try changing my grip on the bars to stop strain on my wrist but to no avail doc says its a strain and rest is the only cure :biggrin::biggrin:

last trip was 72 mile and i took ibuprofen to get me through the latter half of it which isnt good ,
its down the outside edge into pinky and finger and other fingers suffer
because i change grip to relieve it .

any advice would be apreciated
thanks .

btw on road bike flat bars and tri .

Randochap

Senior hunter

ASC1951

Guru
hattamatny said:
Glad to hear you're using this: I plan to keep it much more aggressively up-to-date than has been the case in the past, but don't hesitate to let me know if you find errors or need clarifications.
WTF? A mis-post, I hope. No poxy telemarketing here please.

OP
OP
K

kewb

Randochap said:

ive raised the bars about an inch all the room that was left to work with in fact ,
i thought i had fit perfect btw but the difference is very noticeable
theres definitely less pressure on the forearms ,
i,ll give it a go like this for a while .

thanks knew someone on here would have a solution .

I tried all sorts of things to get around wrist pain & numbness, even down to making a bike that relieved as much pressure as possible from the hands. Nothing worked, and I now ride a recumbent with underseat steering, or a recumbent trike. Both are absolute bliss - I know that it might seem a radical step fom where you now are, but do consider it as a solution.

HelenD123

Legendary Member
I had pains in my wrist until I got a proper bike fit. I've now got a much longer stem, changed the angle of the bars and moved the hoods down. The difference was noticeable immediately.

OP
OP
K

kewb

HelenD123 said:
I had pains in my wrist until I got a proper bike fit. I've now got a much longer stem, changed the angle of the bars and moved the hoods down. The difference was noticeable immediately.

ive done as much adjustment as i could in that dept , the stem didnt allow much more than about an inch it did make a difference but how much i think will become apparent with more use ,
if i need to i might get an extension thats the trouble with factory builds -all very neat to the point of annoying sometimes , i saw a riser from that looked like it might add a bit more but it might counteract the effect im after or throw my riding position out alltogether which im pretty happy about at the moment but my wrist perhaps isnt :smile:

bleakanddivine said:
Not suggesting this as a cure, but anyone tried these things:

http://www.powerballs.com/works.php?m=Works

Was just about to suggest one of those.

Got one a year a go, use it three/four times a week 10 minutes each hand building up the speed gradually. Its is like cycling for the forearm!

Don't have any real problems with hand/wrist pain any more - just the rest of us aches...:smile:

OP
OP
K

kewb

turn out ive a stress fracture or a healing one to be precise
so its no bike for a couple of weeks ,i knew it didnt feel right or like a strain but i was lifting
one of the kitchen chairs and got a shooting pain right up the arm so went to a&e
got x ray and its a crack in the right hand bone about 3 inches long
should heal ok they said but no riding meantime .
i raised bars and look at other stuff to prevent this happening again though
thanks for all replies and advice .

Top Bottom