WTD: Next bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joshua Plumtree

Approaching perfection from a distance.
Paul's cycles have the 2013 supersix evo high mod red racing (black) for £2600. Sizes 54, 56 and 58.

OP
OP
aerobrain

aerobrain

Über Member
Paul's cycles have the 2013 supersix evo high mod red racing (black) for £2600. Sizes 54, 56 and 58.

Is the 2013 model 11spd?

OP
OP
aerobrain

aerobrain

Über Member
Yep that's exactly the same just last years. Looking at spec I'd say its just gone from Compact to mid-compact and slightly different livery.

vickster

Legendary Member
What size bike do you need. The one in your avatar looks far too small for you?!

The one I linked looks far better than the 2015 ;) And £500 cheaper so even better!

OP
OP
aerobrain

aerobrain

Über Member
What size bike do you need. The one in your avatar looks far too small for you?!

The one I linked looks far better than the 2015 ;) And £500 cheaper so even better!

Not the first to say that but I think its a combination of what I'm wearing, picture angle and my odd limb/body ratio :-) had a bike fit a couple of months ago and did the Canyon online sizing thing and they both said its the right size (56).

I will definitely aim to try a 58 though as I think I'm right on the cusp of the two. The guy who did my bike fit (not where I bought the bike) said if you're in between its best to go for the smaller size. I guess with stems, set back etc you can make a bike bigger but hard to make it smaller :-)

Andrew_P

In between here and there
:ohmy: Just seen the 2015 Cannondale SuperSix SRAM Red Edition is £3k, stick that one on the list!!
I have the 2014 version and I love it wouldn't go back to Shimano. Smaller nicer shifters precise changing with a nice clunk feedback. An acquired taste but I really like it.

2014 the frame is as smooth as my 2010 Roubaix was, quite aggressive set up once you start to remove some of the mountain of spacers!

OP
OP
aerobrain

aerobrain

Über Member
Dale come up big, i am 6 foot and for me a 58 felt like i was sitting on a 5 bar gate.

But its best to try them anyway.

They have a straighter to tube by the looks of it so I guess they also feel bigger than a lot if bikes. The tube on my alley curves down quite a bit.

ryan_w

Just been linked to this from my thread...

Does anyone have any idea why Cannondale have slashed their prices so much for 2015?! It's crazy and I can't think why when the bikes are nigh on indentical specs to the 2014 models...

As for sizing, I'm 6ft with 32" leg and the 56 is perfect for me. 58 felt like getting on a penny farthing.

OP
OP
aerobrain

aerobrain

Über Member
Just been linked to this from my thread...

Does anyone have any idea why Cannondale have slashed their prices so much for 2015?! It's crazy and I can't think why when the bikes are nigh on indentical specs to the 2014 models...

As for sizing, I'm 6ft with 32" leg and the 56 is perfect for me. 58 felt like getting on a penny farthing.

Specialized have as well, I can only assume its in response to the likes of Cube, Boardman and Canyon etc.

Top Bottom