WTF! (Cat report...)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Well, I have never seen anything like THAT before... :eek:

I nipped out to the shops on my bike yesterday evening and had just come back with a big rucksack full of shopping. My front door opens directly from the pavement and I was standing in front of the door fumbling for my keys when a tabby cat casually strolled past me to the kerb. It stopped, looked both ways and then crossed the road to a drain cover on the far side of the road. It squatted down over the drain and crapped into it. Felix looked both ways again, then recrossed the road, and walked past me again in the direction whence it had come. As it went by it looked up at me - I could swear it was thinking "Who are you staring at?"...! :laugh:

classic33

Leg End Member
You think it was a local cat then?

Have to ask, how do you know its name.

Last edited:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Something similar happened to me when I was driving to work next to Battersea Park along a long straight road that has maybe half a dozen zebra crossings. I noticed a dog patiently waiting on the pavement by one crossing and stopped. A driver coming in the other direction did the same. The dog looked left and right to check that all was well, and trotted across the zebra to go about his business. Both drivers were helpless with laughter.

Slick

Guru
Really clever animals. Next doors cat comes and visits here from time to time and I swear it's got a watch. He knows I'm either around at 5am or 6 and at exactly 7am he knows his owner is around and wants out. It's minute perfect and the same gets repeated in the evening.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I used to live in a house whose owners had a cross Alsatian and black Labrador who was a very intelligent dog. One day he got shut in the house alone all day and actually went up, jumped in the bath and crapped down the plug hole. I thought that was clever.

Zimbob

Über Member
I used to live in a house whose owners had a cross Alsatian and black Labrador who was a very intelligent dog. One day he got shut in the house alone all day and actually went up, jumped in the bath and crapped down the plug hole. I thought that was clever.

Aye, some animals are pretty bright with their habits :smile: I used to have a 'part-time' cat, he was a regular visitor, often spending the night. If I failed to wake up when he wanted out around 4 am, he used to do his business in the shower tray, the only place in the house that was an easy clean-up....

When I was a postgrad student in London, the then family cat used to live with me. He had to be an indoor cat due to where I was based, but I trained him to walk on a lead like a dog - and he did.

Used to take him to the local park for a daily constitutional. We had to cross a busy road to get there, and he would sit on the kerb until I told him that it was OK for us to cross.

I had to stop doing that though, as people thought it was funny to set their dogs on the cat, only for it to be my fault for being cruel to the cat when the cat stood his ground and the dog (invariably) came off second best.

Top Bottom