WTF? Pay £19.99 'so your monitor is ready to use...'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

si_c

Guru
I had 4 brand new, factory sealed, Dell monitors arrive in out department recently. 2 had broken screens, This took more than £19.99 of staff time to resolve. To be fare though there’s nothing to say damage in transit won’t occur after their checks.
I took reciept of a Dell monitor damaged in shipping when working for an IT service desk years ago, the screen had clearly been damaged all down the middle and the panel was horribly smeared. The clue that it was damaged in shipping was the boot print on the outside of the box which had cleared all the way through. Sadly there was no recourse with the shipping company (now defunct) as that was for whom I worked at the time.

Alex321

Veteran
Because it's not worth £20 - it's a bit like those extended warranties that sales people in shops (used to?) push at you and are rarely value for money. A mini-scam for the unwary.
I don't understand why that is a reason not to buy the monitor there - you just don't get the add-on.

Drago

Legendary Member
So you pay them £19.99, and in return they ensure that the goods you have purchased are fit for purpose and of the merchantable quality that they should be anyway...?

Yeah, right.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
I think the important phrase to remember is "Your statutory rights are unaffected".
This simply a ploy to suck in the gullible or ignorant.

mustang1

Guru
Would you like after chocolates bar with that for only £1 more?

Top Bottom