wtf

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I find driving on the right makes a lot more sense to me. I'm left handed, mostly, so maybe it's summat to do with that. :smile:

Arch

Married to Night Train
I quite enjoyed cycling on the wrong side of the road in France. I got used to it after a while and found out that the drivers there were quite similar to the ones here (had a few close passes and 'must get past cyclist' moments.
Of course, if I would have had an interaction with any of them for any reason (none arose) then I am sure I would have come out of it knowing that I had taught that Frenchy a lesson!

Oh, Matthew, only you could go to France and find drivers like that!

In three holidays cycling in France, I don't think I've encountered more than 2 or 3 close passes in total! You are sure they weren't all carrying GB stickers? The worst drivers usually were in my experience!

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Oh, Matthew, only you could go to France and find drivers like that!

In three holidays cycling in France, I don't think I've encountered more than 2 or 3 close passes in total! You are sure they weren't all carrying GB stickers? The worst drivers usually were in my experience!
I made it sound worse than it was. I was travelling on quiet roads most of the time and had the oppurtunitiy to cycling in a designated cycle lane along side a lovely river for the first time (there are NO cycle lanes in North Wales).

green1

Über Member
I've done that plenty. Sounded my horn once at a driver pulling out into a dual carriageway (A road) as they were looking down at their lap...didnt see the LHD driver staring intently at me and looking puzzled
My parents were pulled over on more than one occasion on the motorway by mr traffic plod (remember him?) when my mum was asleep in the passager seat of a lhd car we had brought back from abroad.
Most of the rest of the world need to buck up their ideas and start driving on the left like one is supposed to. Who do they think they are?
Blame Napoleon.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Do left hand drive bikes have the chain on the other side? I allways presumed bikes have the chain on the offside to keep your clothes clean getting on and off.

Top Bottom