WVM scary driving

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hackbike 6

I don't understand that overtake,it was bloody awful but the second pass was much better...I'd be tempted to point the camera at his face next time just in case it gets nasty.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
hackbike 6 said:
I'd be tempted to point the camera at his face next time just in case it gets nasty.

I've learnt that making the video camera obvious, or pointing it out, is an excellent way of preventing any further stupid or aggressive behaviour. I'll always do this after the first incident from any particular driver, or if I feel they are driving too impatiently/aggressively, even if they haven't actually done anything to me.

hackbike 6

BentMikey said:
I've learnt that making the video camera obvious, or pointing it out, is an excellent way of preventing any further stupid or aggressive behaviour. I'll always do this after the first incident from any particular driver, or if I feel they are driving too impatiently/aggressively, even if they haven't actually done anything to me.

Wish I had a helmet camera that day that comedian used his car against me at Blackfriars although I doubt very much whether plod would have done anything about it as you say it may calm them down a bit.

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
First: bad driving.

Second: I too would be interested to hear what he was going to say. Perhaps I'm touchingly naive, but it might have been he was going to (gasp) apologize. I only think this because on his second overtake, he did appear to give you enough space. I think if he was a complete idiot he would have buzzed uncomfortably too close by you on the second overtake to "make a point".

Like I said, maybe I'm an optimist.

OP
OP
Cab

Cab

Wasn't going to be an apology. He overtook far too close and then slammed on his brakes, he was trying to 'show me a lesson'. As such, I doubt whether I'd have got anything better than sarcasm for being in the middle of the road or an attempt to goad me in to a response. He passed me at a safer distance next time either because he deemed he'd showed me, or because I wasn't playing. I don't care, I'm not wasting my breath in a conversation with a tosser like that.

OP
OP
Cab

Cab

Excellent comment on this video on youtube:

I can see both sides of the coin, he shouldnt have overtaken there but when im driving i hate cyclists going slow but not moving over - ive been known to shout at them too

OP
OP
Cab

Cab

TwickenhamCyclist said:
Both sides??? Fecking idiot – just posted a response to the knob as well.

Well said.

The 'other' side (you know, theres my side and the side of the motorist) would appear to be that I'm on the road. So, on the one hand, the guy broke the law, endangered me and acted like a tit, and on the other, well, I was just there on a bike.

Top Bottom