X35 Bike Extender

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wandypp

my mahle x35 bike extender which is 3 years old has ceased to function.
the on button doesnt light up. it is possible to recharge the onboard battery on my orbea gain bike through the non functioning extender battery.
my local orbea dealer has not been able to apply a fix to the extender owing to the fact there is no light or power showing.
If you try to charge the extender the light on the charger stays green when it should change to red?
is it possible to repair? i dont know whether a microswitch is the problem
John M K

Ajax Bay

Guru

Emanresu

Was the extender left for a while without being charged? And what voltage do you get when you connect a multimeter?

The problem you describe applies to a number of different power tool batteries. I have lost a few Flymo 18v batteries when I forget to charge them between seasons. There are ways of "jump starting" batteries on Youtube but it depends on how far the battery has discharged.

Here is an example. You might want to buy a couple of cheap car battery cables as they can usually take the current without melting.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz70zpLHqHM

OP
OP
W

wandypp

Was the extender left for a while without being charged? And what voltage do you get when you connect a multimeter?

The problem you describe applies to a number of different power tool batteries. I have lost a few Flymo 18v batteries when I forget to charge them between seasons. There are ways of "jump starting" batteries on Youtube but it depends on how far the battery has discharged.

Here is an example. You might want to buy a couple of cheap car battery cables as they can usually take the current without melting.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz70zpLHqHM

i havent connected a multimeter and WE cycles did not either which i thought was strange.
is there anywhere i can take it to have this checked

Top Bottom