Xmas Day airing of rediscovered Morecambe and Wise episode

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kynikos

Veteran
I wouldn't, ordinarily, watch any TV on Xmas day but I might make an exception for this.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
M&W still crack me up, good clean family fun without excessive crudity or vulgarity that seems to be the hallmark of much modern humour. Mrs S groans a bit but the kids love it which IMO is the real test.
I've said it before but it's worth repeating, I think Ant & Dec could be a modern equivalent if they wanted to go in that direction.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
M&W still crack me up, good clean family fun without excessive crudity or vulgarity that seems to be the hallmark of much modern humour. Mrs S groans a bit but the kids love it which IMO is the real test.
I've said it before but it's worth repeating, I think Ant & Dec could be a modern equivalent if they wanted to go in that direction.

M&W and Only Fools and Horses. Classics

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I liked M+W but 40 years of the same repeats at Christmas have taken the gloss off a bit.

Although having said that, they could make me breakfast every day and I'd be happy.
0016c2e91ae64d35b31375d36ebe5973.gif

Sharky

Guru
It's nice out..

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Either you are wasting your money on your TV licence, or you are breaking the law by not having one! :whistle:
They appear to have changed the rules! I think that you used to need a licence if you owned a TV. It sounds like you only need a licence now if you actually watch the TV...If that is true, then surely people could just deny using their TV? :wacko:

Sharky

Guru
My daughter doesn't have a TV licence. You only need one if you watch/record live TV including the iplayer. For prime, netflix, YouTube, disney+, DVD's etc you don't need a tv licence. She does not have an ariel lead plugged into her TV. Everything is via broadband.

Top Bottom