Xmas It's Here, It's Here!!!!!!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
New bike has arrived and I haven't felt like this since I was a kid. Rushed home from work and skipped dinner to lovingly unpack it and then stare in confusion at all the bits, I may even have stroked it once or twice:blush:

Have now loosely assembled ready for tomorrow evening when it'll be wheeled round to my local expert for the full set up. He's going to supervise/teach while I set it up properly. Put on mudguards, rack, new handlebars, tape, computer, lights, saddlepack and marathon plus tyres. Giant CRS Alliance and pics will follow, especially ones of the butterfly bars, I know the purists will appreciate them:biggrin:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Pics............

snakehips

Congratulations.
I thought from the title that you had decided to celebrate Xmas with the Orthodox Christians of Eastern Europe.

regards.jpg
from.jpg
snakehips.jpg

OP
OP
MacB

MacB

BentMikey said:
What's wrong with butterfly bars?

as I have no preconceptions, nothing, but have been told they're an abomination:biggrin: What I do know is that, due to over 4 hours commute time and my death grip on the flat bars, I lost sensation in half of my right hand. It's back now but took 2 days to return so butterflys look great to me now.

OP
OP
MacB

MacB

BentMikey said:
LOL, abomination indeed. I bet whomever told you that rides an ass hatchet with drop bars?

Yep, wouldn't be surprised, was amused to see this on bike radar:-

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/article/workshop-10-steps-to-road-bike-comfort-18950

10 steps to road bike comfort, I love the picture of the finished product, looks like a feeble attempt at butterflies in disguise:biggrin:

OP
OP
MacB

MacB

tyred said:
Don't fancy the suspension seat post. Why not just fit a sprung saddle if you need a softer ride?

Yeah, don't fancy the springy seat posts myself and, so far, my butt hasn't been giving any problems.

OP
OP
MacB

MacB

new bike is fantastic, but have the wrong rack and mudguards, so they have been returned. But, disaster, the handlebar diameter, where it clamps, appears to be 31.2 not the standard 25.4, as per the butterfly bars I'd bought.

Anyone know where I can source larger clamp diameter bars? or do I have to look at getting a new stem?

Origamist

Legendary Member
MacBludgeon said:
new bike is fantastic, but have the wrong rack and mudguards, so they have been returned. But, disaster, the handlebar diameter, where it clamps, appears to be 31.2 not the standard 25.4, as per the butterfly bars I'd bought.

Anyone know where I can source larger clamp diameter bars? or do I have to look at getting a new stem?

It would probably be easier to buy a new MTB stem in the sale. This also gives you the option of getting a longer or shorter stem if the orginal was not the ideal length/height...

Top Bottom