Xmas prezzies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jay clock

Massive member
I couldn't see a thread so here goes

Lovely new Assos shorts. Last for years and super comfy

Box below for storing bits. Previous solution was a coffee tin that had to be tipped onto a tray every time.. Very satisfied

08F2F95A-FBBB-4EE5-A5CF-450E681044BF.jpeg

What nice things did you get?

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Canon EOS 1200D.

And it is cycling related, because I intend to take it with me when I go out on a ride.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!

I bought the bass but the amp, cable, stand and bag were a Christmas/birthday present.

I also got a pair of earphones to use with my phone/laptop/tablet when I am travelling.

My sister gave me enough money to plug a financial gap between the start of December and the end of January, when I will finally start receiving my state pension. (I naughtily used some of the spare cash to buy the bass! :whistle:)

I didn't get one for Christmas, but I bought myself one of those on eBay earlier in the year after one SPD pedal wore out! I figured it didn't really matter having mismatched pedals on a turbo trainer bike.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I couldn't see a thread so here goes

Lovely new Assos shorts. Last for years and super comfy

Box below for storing bits. Previous solution was a coffee tin that had to be tipped onto a tray every time.. Very satisfied

View attachment 623653

What nice things did you get?
Looks like I got someone a couple of minutes walk away with a well organised selection of bits. :whistle:

I managed to trash my crit bike last year and have been dealing with some back issues that are now being managed enough to start riding properly again. It’s unlikely I’ll be putting a number on my back again so I treated myself to this. Canyon claim delivery between 3-10 Jan, but knowing them that’s likely 2023.

1640544723853.png

OP
OP
jay clock

jay clock

Massive member
Looks like I got someone a couple of minutes walk away with a well organised selection of bits. :whistle:

I managed to trash my crit bike last year and have been dealing with some back issues that are now being managed enough to start riding properly again. It’s unlikely I’ll be putting a number on my back again so I treated myself to this. Canyon claim delivery between 3-10 Jan, but knowing them that’s likely 2023.

View attachment 623705

Enough cable ends to last a lifetime!

A new (to me) Lenovo laptop, a self-healing cutting mat for crafting, a Grumpy Cat calendar that had me splitting my sides with laughter at the memes, a Cats Protection calendar that has one of my photos in it and a selection of Derek and Paul Warwick memorabilia.

Some watercolour supplies and a portable easel so I can go out in the countryside and sketch some scenes.
(I was an art student in my dim and distant past and I've been making noises recently about how I'd like to paint watercolour scenes again).
View attachment 623700

That's very nice :okay: I have the box of 24 Cotman whole pans - they do the job really well.

If you ever want to add to that, I really like the Faber-Castell indian ink artists pens and their Albrecht Durer watercolour pencils. When it comes to books, Alwyn Crawshaw's "Ultimate Painting Course" is a very useful tome - he is primarily a landscape artist.

Top Bottom