XML T6 Bike light ( Dealextreme)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Not good, the battery pack has just packed in :sad:. Having stripped it back I have to say you pay your money really. When I first got it I silicon sealed both ends thinking that will keep the rain out, well that never worked. Anyway looking at it there is a fair bit of corrosion round battery terminals and one of the tabs has broken off as well. Was going to try a repair but doubt it will do much. Anyway buyer beware, quite obvious where the money saved is but if I can repair it should be good to go, meanwhile back to my Cateye Triple shot for now.

U

User482

Talk to Smudge - he should be able to repair your battery.

http://www.mtbbatteries.co.uk/

U

User482

[QUOTE 1806400, member: 45"]Hey User482 -do you have any experience of the lights sold on that site?[/quote]
Yes, I have the "V1" light. It's exceptionally bright, noticeably more so than the halogen lumicycle it replaced - I use it on my helmet for night mtbing. I've yet to try it on road, but will be using it at the first FNRttC I can get to.

The guy who runs the company is a regular on singletrackworld, and has an excellent reputation for customer service. Do a search for "smudge" and you'll see what I mean.

OP
OP
MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
well tried soldering with my portable gas iron at home and not hot enough, so took it into work and reckon I may have managed to resurrect it ^_^ Only problem is now I don`t have the plastic wrap, does anyone know if there is a rubber solution I can dip this unit in that you can buy on the high street? May come down to duct tape for now but not ideal.

Spoke too soon put it on charge and its stopped working altogethor, going to assume the wee board is fried !

Top Bottom