XML-T6 Torch or "Bike Light"?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The Chinese lights ship with a US plug. Best off buy an adapter from the local supermarket that is fused. The ones they send from China aren't fused.

Sadly mate, there was no adaptor that would have worked with the thing they sent me; it didn't work period. I had to go back to them for a new adaptor, which they sent rather promptly.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Magicshines come with a new charger that you just replace the plug and lead on, but the cheap ones usually come with a US plug with an adapter, but of course no fuse, which given some of the chargers are a bit poop, having a fuse is a good idea.

There are UK sellers selling chargers for less than £10 though.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
I bought one of those lights from dealextreme last year which threw out 900lumens ish. I recently bought 2x Ultrafire WF502 torches with 28650 batteries and charger from a uk supplier on ebay which performs better than the one from dealextreme.

Got a link to the ones you bought, seems to be alot but with varying degrees of brightness it would seem? Was going to buy from Ebay but now think I may as well save a few quid and got to DX direct? The only thing stopping me thus far is the confusion with the differant types.

musa

Über Member
I'd be interested to see where people house their batteries as I'm short of space on my Secteur. Pics please.

Paul

You can buy a bag which goes under your top tube in the corner where the seat post entry is.

Hope that makes sense

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
PS ordering from China can take some time so if you need them, go for a UK seller. You can't go far wrong with two torches. I ordered a cheap 3x T6 light in September, wasn't posted till early October and still hasn't arrived.

The only thing doing there, is that there is no guarantee that seller does in fact have the items here in the UK, think I might just be falling into that trap after buying a couple of XML T6 torches and battery charger!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The only thing doing there, is that there is no guarantee that seller does in fact have the items here in the UK, think I might just be falling into that trap after buying a couple of XML T6 torches and battery charger!

This is the issue. My 3xT6 light has been caught up in the Communist Party elections (bloody inconsiderate) and shipments of battery powered goods stopped on 16th October, and are about to resume now - so I'll be lucky if the unit I ordered on 20th September is here before the end of November. No rush though.

Batteries - you can mount these from your top tube. My case, it's slung under the bar stem

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
actually I take it all back the torches turned up via a courier, cracking service and the plus point they work ^_^ However no charger as yet, also being a right plum I only order one mount instead of two :banghead: So not quite good to go but nearly there!

BTW torches seem quite bright but will wait till total darkness and try them out

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
actually I take it all back the torches turned up via a courier, cracking service and the plus point they work ^_^ However no charger as yet, also being a right plum I only order one mount instead of two :banghead: So not quite good to go but nearly there!

BTW torches seem quite bright but will wait till total darkness and try them out

hmm seems these http://dx.com/p/universal-bicycle-mount-8274 are no good for Os bars might need to employ zip ties :eek:

Bigsharn

Veteran
I have these holding my T6 torch on, if anyone's still looking at getting one. Problem is they need replacing every six months because the velcro strips itself..

Top Bottom