Xt Di2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Anybody out there with this on their beloved MTB???? any reviews on how it feels when shifting etc etc

OP
OP
J

jowwy

i'm surprised no one has a DI2 MTB.........

Drago

Legendary Member
Price, lack of discernable performance improvement...aside from the brief division within the ranks over 29" wheels, MTB'ers generally aren't so cutting-edge-must-have conscious as their roadie cousins. Manufacturers know this, which is why it has taken so long for them to finally bother bringing it to the MTB world.

If you fancy it then great, but I can see why the majority won't be joining you.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Price, lack of discernable performance improvement...aside from the brief division within the ranks over 29" wheels, MTB'ers generally aren't so cutting-edge-must-have conscious as their roadie cousins. Manufacturers know this, which is why it has taken so long for them to finally bother bringing it to the MTB world.

If you fancy it then great, but I can see why the majority won't be joining you.
ive got it - just waiting for the man in the big red suit to drop it off.......but for me its more cx/gravel commute than mtb'ing..........also xt di2 costs less than some pay for xtr mechanical

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Perhaps because it costs as much as a decent bicycle for the parts alone and yet doesn't do anything different to the kit most MTBs ever made already have fitted?
couldnt that be the same as roadies with etap and di2.....but lots and lots of people have it

KneesUp

Guru
couldnt that be the same as roadies with etap and di2.....but lots and lots of people have it
To me that begs the question as to why people buy the road version, not why they don't buy the off-road version. However, I'd imagine that people would be more likely to spend a few hundred quid on components that will be kept mostly clean than on components that will get bashed about and covered in mud.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

To me that begs the question as to why people buy the road version, not why they don't buy the off-road version. However, I'd imagine that people would be more likely to spend a few hundred quid on components that will be kept mostly clean than on components that will get bashed about and covered in mud.
well i guess im on both sides of the pitch with that.....etap for the clean road and Di2 for offroad cx/commute/winter/gravel rides with wider gear range

Top Bottom