Y Frame Discounts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PpPete

Legendary Member
Anyone used this outfit yet ?
Most of their stuff seems to be oriented towards the cheaper end of the MTB (not to say BSO) market but occasional gems ....

Just ordered a Rixen Kaul Handlebar mount for £13.99
Chain Reaction had them at £14.99 but out of stock

Wouldn't normally risk a new vendor for the sake of £1 but they also had the Rixen Kaul mounting plate (the bit that fixes to the bar bag) which I've never seen sold separately before.

OP
OP
PpPete

PpPete

Legendary Member
Well I can report they are VERY slow to despatch (compared with the usual suspects), but respond to e-mail queries quickly (if not very intelligently)

Ordered last Friday
Emailed them yesterday (Wednesday) to say when will I receive?
Response - can't tell you as sent by 2nd class post
Followed up today (Thursday) - Thanks for quick response but when did you despatch?
Response - packed last night and sent this morning.

By the way, they are not a new vendor, they've been around some time. Having been involved in Amazon and eBay in varius capacities, Y-Frame Discounts is an outfit I have come across quite a few times. Certainly not new this year!

Looks like they've expanded a bit recently though - never seen their site before

OP
OP
PpPete

PpPete

Legendary Member
Thanks ST
Guess it was just me being perverse and trying to save a few pennies by ordering direct from their website rather than via their Amazon or Ebay strorefronts.

Lowcliff

They are based in Mansfield, no dealings with them other than I wanted to collect an item but told no collections, the postage is expensive too say I'm only 3 mile away , so much for there 9000 ft warehouse.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Well I can report they are VERY slow to despatch (compared with the usual suspects), but respond to e-mail queries quickly (if not very intelligently)

Ordered last Friday
Emailed them yesterday (Wednesday) to say when will I receive?
Response - can't tell you as sent by 2nd class post
Followed up today (Thursday) - Thanks for quick response but when did you despatch?
Response - packed last night and sent this morning.

Hi PpPete and Lowcliff

The founder Paul is a lovely and very earnest chap that I've met a few times as a relative of a cycling neighbour (it's a small world). I know it's his intention to deliver excellent customer service, and also understand from him that there are significant growing pains which from time to time thwart the best of his efforts and intentions.
I would be happy to feed this thread onto him via my neighbour as I think he would welcome the feedback.

Cheers
FF

OP
OP
PpPete

PpPete

Legendary Member
Hi PpPete and Lowcliff
I would be happy to feed this thread onto him via my neighbour as I think he would welcome the feedback.

Cheers
FF

Please do.
I think our comments are an illustration of the old adage that you can't please everybody all of the time.... but it's getting to be crowded market out there and a new entrant will have to please more of the punters more of the time than their competition if they want to grow. Trouble is negative reviews are more likely than positive ones, even with 99%+ satisfaction. My experience is you have to give absolutely stellar performance to have a chance of getting people praising you online.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Will d
Please do.
I think our comments are an illustration of the old adage that you can't please everybody all of the time.... but it's getting to be crowded market out there and a new entrant will have to please more of the punters more of the time than their competition if they want to grow. Trouble is negative reviews are more likely than positive ones, even with 99%+ satisfaction. My experience is you have to give absolutely stellar performance to have a chance of getting people praising you online.
Will do!
Just seen that my neighbour is not around just now, but as soon as I see him, I'll pass it on.
Cheers
FF.

D

Deleted member 23692

A recent experience of mine went thus..

Ordered/paid on 26/08/2013
Get email telling me it's dispatched on 28/08/2013
Get an email telling me the item is out of stock, and a refund has been given on 02/09/2013

I did get an apology via email to explain there was a stock count problem, but it's a tad peeving that they didn't contact me till after the indicated delivery date and I'd stayed in that morning to sign for it.

Any advance on impressions of this outfit?

Have seen some negative reviews online.

But they do seem to often have inteteresting old bits.

Including an old front mech I am interested in as I've just got an old one of same to work on a problematical build.

And being a simple soul am keen on stocking up with what's cheap and works.

Top Bottom