Yay for traffic wardens

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Slightly OT, but I used to live opposite a very expensive public school in Wolverhampton. Occasionally it was necessary for me to take my lorry home and park it (legally) on the road outside my flat, thereby taking up the same space as about eight yummy mummy mobiles. I always enjoyed watching the resulting confusion among all the 4x4s the next morning from my third floor flat.:thumbsup:

GrahamG

Guru
Rhythm Thief said:
Slightly OT, but I used to live opposite a very expensive public school in Wolverhampton. Occasionally it was necessary for me to take my lorry home and park it (legally) on the road outside my flat, thereby taking up the same space as about eight yummy mummy mobiles. I always enjoyed watching the resulting confusion among all the 4x4s the next morning from my third floor flat.:tongue:

There's a public school in Wolverhampton?! Bejesus. I take it you didn't live in Low Hill then? :thumbsup:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Rhythm Thief said:
Slightly OT, but I used to live opposite a very expensive public school in Wolverhampton. Occasionally it was necessary for me to take my lorry home and park it (legally) on the road outside my flat, thereby taking up the same space as about eight yummy mummy mobiles. I always enjoyed watching the resulting confusion among all the 4x4s the next morning from my third floor flat.B)

Excellent! Story could have been improved if you'd revealed you had "walk, you lazy tossers!" emblazoned on the side of the truck in 8 foot high letters...:biggrin:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Some are, some aren't. They're a lot like pigs in that respect.

[quote name='swee'pea99']Speaking as an ex-governor, it won't make a blind bit of difference. They know how dangerous/illegal/selfish they are. They just don't care. [/quote]
Darn right!! The Little-Commuter's school sent loads of notes home to all the parents about not parking dangerously. Mrs-LC then saw one particular Orange Woman* screaming at the Head that she'd "park where I f'ing well like, you can't tell me what to f'ing well do" when the Head asked her to move her car from the double yellows outside the school.

My response to her would have been, "well, I'll get a nice police officer to patrol here tomorrow and you can explain to them what your rights are and maybe they can point out the error of your ways". But that's just me. :ohmy:

* from the allegedly "posh" estate!! :blush:

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
John the Monkey said:
The place my little monkeys went to when we still lived in Heald Green banned parents from the car park after numerous close shaves. We were about 5-10 minutes walk away, and I knew people not much further down the road who;

So, given that my wife works in the same school, would I be bad to take her car and drive into the school using the cardswipe and park in her parking to fetch miniMikey? :ohmy:

LOL, I think sweatpea is taking it all a bit too seriously.

Seems like a common problem - there must be way to deter such behaviour… If a letter from the Head or Governors doesn’t work, get the children to write about it.

Have a “road safety week” at school – get the children to make some posters outlining the dangers to children such parking causes – chuck some stats in about piss poor driving/parking being the biggest killer of children – how x times as many children are killed by cars than child molesters etc – get the art work blown up to A1 size, laminate it and display it next to the zig zag lines outside the school.

Better still, put the name and reg of persistent offenders up – kids writing – “Would Jamie Smith’s mummy stop parking her 4x4 on the zig zag lines when dropping and picking him up as in doing so she is endangering other children on the way to and from school…” and if they complain – f**k them…

Top Bottom