Yay for traffic wardens

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I travel between two particular schools, on the way to other places. One, the more prosperous, has rarely or never any vehicles on the yellow chevrons. On the other, its unusual not to see parked vehicles. One is near to the HQ of the borough council, the other is on the periphery. It all seems down to the availability of enforcers. Post code anarchy.

Kaipaith said:
It boils down to the importance of the self. "I know this is potentially going to inconvenience or cause a problem for someone else... but it probably won't and what I'm doing is too important."

Yep, that ^

Usually expressed as, "You can't tell me what to do, I know my rights". With the unspoken subtext, "but don't talk to me about the responsibilities that should go with those rights".

Downward

Guru
http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/display.var.2445287.0.when_will_parents_heed_the_warnings.php

I love the last comment ! - If parents are struggling so much surely driving their kids to school is a luxury.

"Perhaps Bournemouth Council could allow parents to park for a limited period in the Durley car park free of charge - it is always empty at that time of the morning! Why charge parents who are already struggling with the credit crunch for 20 minutes parking???

I totally agree - it also has the merit of being a very simple solution, costing little or nothing, and if it were in effect, wardens would be totally justified in cracking down elsewhere.

Are any councillors reading this? Or is it too simple for the council employees who only seem to dream up more restrictive and costly schemes?"

atbman

Veteran
I feel particularly sorry for the woman with the incredible dissolving child.

What I find strange is that everyone who drives a child to school is a terrible/dangerous driver. They must be, as every parent who does so, because they are scared of every other parent driver.

RE School mum drivers:
Some are crap – no doubt.
Some drive their children to school because they then drive on to work…
Some drive because they are lazy…

But the “school run mums” do come in for a lot more criticism than the lazy, everyday, could get the tube/bus/train/bike but I’ll moan about women and children in the traffic jam, tosser drivers that outnumber them more than 20 to 1 – it's probibly the worst kind of drivers that moan about them the most IMHO…

I have 3 children – under five – and we do cycle / walk /scooter to school/the park/pub with them – but sometimes it’s a f’ing major logistical opp to get them from a to b with or without a car – more so than I suspect it is for some zig zag parking "because I’m in desperate need of a BigTastey” lazy fat executive in his Lexus seeking a sugar rush….

and yes ... although i'd love to cycle more places with them, we usually have to take the car because of other driver's selfish behaviour.... don't think that makes me a bad driver by default... so why are other parents in the car automatically bad drivers?

Top Bottom