yeah. I'm back but boooo....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

redjedi

Über Member
.....to the weather forecast this week.

Back on the bike again after 4 weeks with an eye infection, and it felt great :laugh: but hard work, snow and sleet forecast for the rest of the week :biggrin:, but I'm going to cycle on regardless :blush:

Combined with the snow and ice in December and January, breaking my arm and hand in October, I've hardly done any riding in the last 5 months.

Treated myself to some new toys to celebrate. Little Muvi type camera from Ebuyer (more videos for you all to criticise :angry:) , and picked up an old Peugeut road bike yesterday to convert into a single speed.

I've now got to try and lose some of the weight I've put on and get fit again before the "summer" finally gets here.

Lot's of rides planned for this year, hopefully I'll have better luck and get to meet some new CCers.

Norm

Hey, RJ, welcome back and hope your luck improves.

Talking about your luck, can you post your six numbers for next Saturday's draw, just so I know to avoid them. :blush:

HobbesChoice

Good to see you back redjedi and hopefully all the bad stuff is behind you now. I set my Muvi camera up on my hat at the weekend and had my first recording session today! Nothing interesting to report though and long may that continue!!!

I'm hoping to get on a few planned rides soon. It'll be lovely meeting some CCers.

Take care and good luck with your new toys!

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Welcome back mate. Glad to hear you're recovered. Don't worry about the weather too much, it'll all stop by March. Maybe June...

OP
OP
redjedi

redjedi

Über Member
Norm said:
Hey, RJ, welcome back and hope your luck improves.

Talking about your luck, can you post your six numbers for next Saturday's draw, just so I know to avoid them. ;)

1,2,3,4,5,6 is what I usually go for, haven't won yet though :biggrin:

arallsopp said:
Welcome back mate. Glad to hear you're recovered. Don't worry about the weather too much, it'll all stop by March. Maybe June...

Yes but which year? I'm just disappointed I missed the spring like weather we had a couple of weeks ago.

ttcycle said:
Welcome back on the roads! Hope this is a fresh start for you!See you on a ride.

Will do, just don't even think of trying to palm the jersey off on me, I managed to offload it onto Andy and then rode away as fast as I could :biggrin:

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
redjedi said:
Will do, just don't even think of trying to palm the jersey off on me, I managed to offload it onto Andy and then rode away as fast as I could ;)

Ahh there's no point then, I'm not genuinely interested in meeting more odd types from CC;) - my only motivation is to pass on the jersey -you've rumbled my ruse and it's got your signature on it already..therefore pointless all round.

OP
OP
redjedi

redjedi

Über Member
User3143 said:
Are you going on the Brighton ride in a couple of weeks?

Try and stop me...no really, I've just fitted new brake pads and I'm not happy with them, I may need to use rear wheels as bumpers on this run ;);)

or I may stop off at Evans on the way home

OP
OP
redjedi

redjedi

Über Member
ttcycle said:
Ahh there's no point then, I'm not genuinely interested in meeting more odd types from CC;) - my only motivation is to pass on the jersey -you've rumbled my ruse and it's got your signature on it already..therefore pointless all round.

You'll need to bring it on a proper CC ride. The ones which take all day and people carry bags with energy drinks and cake. It'll be much easier to pass it on after a couple of pints at the lunch stop.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
redjedi said:
You'll need to bring it on a proper CC ride. The ones which take all day and people carry bags with energy drinks and cake. It'll be much easier to pass it on after a couple of pints at the lunch stop.

...or after breakfast during an all nighter, when the poor sod is too tired to evade receipt.

;)

OP
OP
redjedi

redjedi

Über Member
What a lovely welcome back present!

Just been down to find the fairy had paid me a visit. At least she came while I could fix it in the dry.

And another side of cycling I have missed.....buying new parts. I'm now looking for new tyres as these ones are cut up quite badly.

No-wonder I had some spare cash at the end of January :wacko:

Still there are worse things to spend it on.

Top Bottom