Yellow card for drivers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
fossyant said:
Look at the stem on that bike - good grief !!!!

I saw a chap this morning with a pretty vertical adjustble stem (not quite as much as that one) and started to think the same, but looking at the bike, it seemed to fit him ok heightwise, and I assume he just wanted a more upright riding position that the stem would give if it was nearer to horizontal. Maybe he got a sore neck or back, or found it was straining his wrists.

The point being, someone has chosen to have it like that, since it's not in the 'standard' type position. So one presumes they have a reason to want it like that, rather than just making do with something that is wrong.

I know you're one of those super speedy types, but we're not all like that and for some of us utility and comfort are more important...

PBancroft

Can't imagine coming anywhere near attaching anything to someone's car during a genuine close call incident.

I remember being told by a lecturer whilst at college to thump cars passing too close. MY first thought was: "really?"

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
fossyant said:
Look at the stem on that bike - good grief !!!!
Saw one of these on the train on Tuesday - it reminded me of this.......
P-REP275-18.jpg

Also, either the picture of the dog is overexposed or that basket has a laser forcefield to keep Fido in.

beanzontoast said:
Reminds me of the 'next time don't park so close' leaflets that used to circulate at a relative's workplace. I doubt they had much effect other than in some cases strengthening the resolve of the 'culprit' to carry on doing exactly the same thing next time.

a friend had some of those made after being given a foot of space infront and behind her vehicle

"please don't park so close, I am an emergency call doctor in a landrover with metal bumpers, my being somewhere may well save a member of your family's life"

same car for three days straight until she was on an emergency call
the obvious happened, landrover needs new towing bracket, car needed new bumper, bonnet, radiator and lights.

Pushing tin said:
a friend had some of those made after being given a foot of space infront and behind her vehicle

"please don't park so close, I am an emergency call doctor in a landrover with metal bumpers, my being somewhere may well save a member of your family's life"

same car for three days straight until she was on an emergency call
the obvious happened, landrover needs new towing bracket, car needed new bumper, bonnet, radiator and lights.

Well, I suppose in a way they were warned!

Top Bottom