Yeovil cyclist shot with an airifle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Hang on... isn't your house within 50ft of a highway?
You bear that in mind when you enter my propertah! ;-)
Before you call an armed response unit, my back garden is far enough away.
Point taken Cube, although I tend to treat the distance limit as a given, as you never know when you're going to get a bad pellet and/or a strange ricochet.
Anyways, I certainly wouldn't like to be on the receiving end of a pellet from anything like a well-tuned air rifle. With a bit of bad luck, it could be lethal.

PBancroft

You bear that in mind when you enter my propertah! ;-)

Never doing that again. Friendly cup of tea my foot! (EDIT: Actually, must confess... that chain is still going strong. Thank you.)

Before you call an armed response unit, my back garden is far enough away.

Ah, but how far away is your loft!

Anyway to complain, I would be a hypocrite. I remember shooting tin cans (no, really) as a wee 'un at a friends' home just a few feet away from a main road. Of course as a nipper I knew no better and I still shudder to think what may have happened. Why wasn't an adult involved, I ask myself now.

Karma got her own back on me. This was the same house where I very much intentionally stood on a rake. This fact alone explains a lot.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Never doing that again. Friendly cup of tea my foot! (EDIT: Actually, must confess... that chain is still going strong. Thank you.)
Thank goodness - that was without doubt the hardest, slowest 'quicklink' I've ever fitted. Hijacking the thread completely, this links in with the discussion about TEC liability for FNRttC in 'Informal Rides...'. I wouldn't have thought twice about changing a chain on my own bike, but was worried like hell my hatchet job on yours would leave you stranded atop Farley Mount with only the deer and the rapists for company.

Ah, but how far away is your loft!
I suppose this is where Cubist's full wording becomes relevant, because indoors I'm not really posing a danger to anyone else. However, when dealing with the loft squirrels (if I'd not been preoccupied with stuff during the summer, this saga would have made a great Cafe thread) I had to set up a mini-hide because some of the ricochets were frightening. <exaggerates> I was like 'Saving Private Ryan'</>. Speaks to the power of a decent air rifle.

Top Bottom