yet again, driver gets away with it.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yeah I've seen that on reality cop shows. That tactic isn't used here - in fact most forces ban us from doing voluntary searches (note, voluntary searchs are legal, but most forces dislike them so make them against internal policy). However, having said that, from the little I know of American law, our powers in the UK seem to be more far reaching, giving us powers to search when in America, they wouldn't have the required 'probable cause' and so we don't really need tactics such as that.

That's good, the other thing that I have to laugh at is how when the cops have read them their rights either they keep talking digging themselves in deeper and deeper, or after they've told the cops that they don't want to talk. The cops keep asking them questions, or baiting them with "don't you want to get your side out?"

Vélos & Vagabonds

Poor you. I'm a female cyclist too and have had lots of near misses, but nobody has ever leaned out the window and tried to take control of my bike (or remove me from it).

Have you seen this blog?:

http://101wankers.tumblr.com/

Only today a guy overtook me just before a junction, and then swiftly turned left almost flattening me. It makes me so angry that drivers get away with this behaviour. Hope you feel better soon, perhaps just go out on a few small rides to get back into the swing of things. :hugs:

subaqua

What’s the point
OK: one here!

"Ten years ago on a cold dark night Someone was killed 'neath the Town Hall light
The people who saw, they all agreed That the slayer, who ran, looked a lot like me
The judge said, "Son, what is your alibi? If you were somewhere else, then you won't have to die"
I spoke not a word, though it meant my life For I'd been in the arms of my best friend's wife..."

Don't know why, but these lyrics sprang to mind:smile: Apparently first recorded 1959, but I only know the Joan Baez version.

the long black veil

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
That one statement alone suggests to me that you have suffered psychological trauma as a result of the incident. I think you should be discussing this with your GP to ask about counselling at the very least. There could possibly be long term effects.

This indicates to me that you have suffered an injury and therefore a civil claim could be considered. Remember that this is civil, not criminal law. I would suggest that when you told the police about being uninjured you were referring to your physical, not mental state.

:thumbsup:

Poor you. I'm a female cyclist too and have had lots of near misses, but nobody has ever leaned out the window and tried to take control of my bike (or remove me from it).

Have you seen this blog?:

http://101wankers.tumblr.com/

Only today a guy overtook me just before a junction, and then swiftly turned left almost flattening me. It makes me so angry that drivers get away with this behaviour. Hope you feel better soon, perhaps just go out on a few small rides to get back into the swing of things. :hugs:

:laugh: lol i need to update my blog! maybe we could have a thread titled 101 *ankers :smile:

RRCC

Guru
Ealier this week I was with a leading local defence solicitor, he was fuming at the total lack of law enforcement in this area - the CPS are so broke they can't afford trials. If a suspected wrongdoer does not admit the crime at the police station and pleads not guilty, they will drop the case. The police know this and so their "investigation" consists solely of asking the suspect if they did it, 9 times out of ten if they say "no comment" they get away with it.

I have been in the crown court twice in the last month, it has been eerily quiet both times.

Top Bottom