yet again....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
Unfortuantely you're not alone with that addiction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stevenb

Just to let you know I have today and tomorrow as annual leave. I felt bad getting up at 5 past 8 this morning...I can't seem to lie in....then again...I was in bed at 11pm last night...although I haven't slept too well due to my perenial sinusitis again....GGGGRRRRR

Mr Phoebus

stevenb said:
I was in bed at 11pm last night...although I haven't slept too well due to my perenial sinusitis again....GGGGRRRRR

I've never been too good at recognising house plants by their Latin name, which one is that?

domtyler

Über Member
stevenb said:
Just to let you know I have today and tomorrow as annual leave. I felt bad getting up at 5 past 8 this morning...I can't seem to lie in....then again...I was in bed at 11pm last night...although I haven't slept too well due to my perenial sinusitis again....GGGGRRRRR

I get this every now and again and find that an Oxymetazoline spray can give blessed long lasting short term relief. I normally live with it during the day and then just have a spray before settling down at night. This lets me get a decent nights sleep, it is normally around lunchtime the next day when things start to get congested again.

I find after a week of this that my nose gets increasingly sore and puffy though so have to stop using it then. Hopefully by that time it is going away anyway.

stevenb said:

...tried the fork in nose cure yet steven? ;)

domtyler

Über Member
I have just found another new way of treating it, drug free too:

* Dissolve 1/4 teaspoon of pure salt (no additives, obtained from Safeway or pharmacy) in a tumbler of warm clean water (any question of the water, use distilled).

* Apply the open top to the upper lip as it meets the nostrils and tilt the head back allowing the water to run into both nostrils. In this position, sniff the saline up through the nose, and out through the mouth.

* When it does, bend the head into the washbasin and blow out the contents of the nose. Observe the colour of the discharge.

* Empty the tumbler in this manner and repeat until discharge is clear.

This rinsing should be done minimally morning and night and 10X plus throughout the day if consecutive washings are discoloured. The aim is to have consecutive washings produce a clear discharge. When discharge remains clear, reduce the frequency to twice daily.

This procedure is very comfortable, provided the concentration of salt solution approximates 0.9%. Too low concentration produces a sharp severe pain. Too high produces an astringent salty taste. Rinsing should commence immediately with the onset of any cold symptoms including an itchy throat and in most cases, no further treatment is required.

Top Bottom