Yet another Black Cab

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
Morning all,

I've not deemed it necessary to report a driver before but todays unnecessary overtake and deliberate endangerment has got me a little riled.

This is the video of the incident

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NorLlIkXBMM

I've had a search about but can't find the best place to report this issue as PCO now seems to be part of TFL and the TFL complaints area is somewhat confused. Anyone know the best place I can report this and advise on if I should?

Thanks

Abs

Aha that old chestnut...squeezing in.

Lizban

Oh that was tight.

Quick question (not a judgement) - why did you over take him (asume it was a him) again? He's overtakeen you once in a bad way were you not fearful he may do it again>?

You passed him earlier - wonder if he thought he was making a point?

I don't know how to complain about cabbies, I'm sorry. Back in the day, the PCO only took complaints from passengers, not from other road users.

Origamist

Legendary Member
@HaloJ - The TFL link for complaints is here: https://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/contact/pco/

They will prob not be interested in the squeeze in the bus lane - unless they have changed their policy with regard to allegations of inconsiderate/careless/dangerous driving. That said, as TFL buses appear to now deal with hackney carriage complaints, things might have changed. Therefore, I'd still complain and send them a link to the vid and let us know how you get on.

My last PCO/TFL complaint led to the driver getting a warning (which was put on his record) for verbal abuse:

Having assessed all the available information I have decided to issue the driver with a written warning and a record of your complaint will be kept on the driver’s file and if he attracts a number of complaints or a pattern of poor behaviour becomes apparent, then his fitness to remain licensed may be reviewed.
It's the usual cut and paste, but I do believe there is now a marker against this driver.

OP
OP
HaloJ

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
Lizban said:
Oh that was tight.

Quick question (not a judgement) - why did you over take him (asume it was a him) again? He's overtakeen you once in a bad way were you not fearful he may do it again>?

Strangely enough he pulled over and gave the other cyclist loads of room. I could see he was going to end up stopping in the traffic queue so ducked through and filtered down the cycle lane past the stationary traffic.

Thanks for the links I'll get that filled in and keep you posted. Normally I'm quite placid and wouldn't complain but this one did most certainly feel like vengence at my passing. The funny thing is I was probably over Blackfriars bridge before he got clear of the traffic backing up through Farringdon. ;)

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
report it to road safe london, they will take care of getting in touch of who needs to be, and it's kept on a record.

OP
OP
HaloJ

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
BentMikey said:
Some pace there Halo! Quite impressed. Cabby was a nobber of course.

Thanks Mikey! :blush: I was riding my new Secteur Sport. 6 months of riding a heavy hybrid at speed and now I'm flying on such a light bike. :sad:

gaz said:
report it to road safe london, they will take care of getting in touch of who needs to be, and it's kept on a record.

Thanks Gaz, I shall do so.

Norm

Blimey! I was watching that singing Meatloaf to myself...
Radio announcer..."He's taking a pretty big lead out there, almost daring him to try and pick him off... the suicide squeeze in on! Here he comes, squeeze play, it's gonna be close, here's the throw, there's the play at the plate, holy cow, I think he's gonna make it!"
Female Vocalist... "Stop right there"

Well, it worked in my head. ;)

BentMikey said:
Some pace there Halo! Quite impressed.
Indeed. I think someone is liking her new ride. :thumbsup:

NigC

Completely pointless to overtake with the traffic situation anyway, so why do it so close???? Very dangerous!

Gains

Norm said:
Blimey! I was watching that singing Meatloaf to myself...
Radio announcer..."He's taking a pretty big lead out there, almost daring him to try and pick him off... the suicide squeeze in on! Here he comes, squeeze play, it's gonna be close, here's the throw, there's the play at the plate, holy cow, I think he's gonna make it!"
Female Vocalist... "Stop right there"

Well, it worked in my head. ;)

haha nice one Norm i think it works pretty well!!!

Definately a stupid overtake but kudos for taking him back - seemed rightfully "edgy"/suspicious of him after though. At least you can sit down when you get to work knowing hes stuck somewhere!

*dips hat to the speed*

Top Bottom