Yet Another Carlton Corsa!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spokesmann

Keeping the Carlton and Sun names alive...
Love 'em...
P7130486.jpg

P6220195.jpg

P4220097.jpg

Goldie

Über Member
Is that a Carradice saddle back on your Corsa Mike? Do you use any sort of support bracket, or just hang it off the loops on the saddle and the seatpost? Father Christmas brought me one - I love it but want to make sure I don't overload it...

Spokesmann

Is that a Carradice saddle back on your Corsa Mike? Do you use any sort of support bracket, or just hang it off the loops on the saddle and the seatpost? Father Christmas brought me one - I love it but want to make sure I don't overload it...

Its a Brooks and yes there is a light alloy support underneath the bag itself.

Goldie

Über Member
I need to sort myself out with one of those then...

Sun was out yesterday, allowing for some non-cellar based potos of the nicer Corsa:

DSC02803.jpg

DSC02801.jpg

DSC02799.jpg

DSC02794.jpg

I love that last one. Every time I look at it, it makes me want to go for a ride. I should probably print it off and have it around for those days when it's cold and windy out...

Spokesmann

Can you still get those little mudguards? I recall some of my early bikes having them, I think they were Weinmann.

They can still be found on ebay.

Bluemels were one of the practitioners of these little 'shorties' To me they will always give a cycle that classic 1970s racer look. Not of much practical help in the rain though!
laugh.gif

P9020200.jpg

OP
OP
Baggy

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Goldie, the nicer Corsa is in seriously good nick!

Mine now has a Brooks (Chuffy has officially decided he likes riding it so it can have his choice of saddle on) and is awaiting a Zenith crankset (similar to the Andells). We swapped the original chainset to a 46T but the cotterpins gave up after one 30 mile ride so have decided to go for a modern retro replacement.

More pics soon...

Spokesmann

Goldie, the nicer Corsa is in seriously good nick!

Mine now has a Brooks (Chuffy has officially decided he likes riding it so it can have his choice of saddle on) and is awaiting a Zenith crankset (similar to the Andells). We swapped the original chainset to a 46T but the cotterpins gave up after one 30 mile ride so have decided to go for a modern retro replacement.

More pics soon...

Cotters should be OK if torqued down correctly.

Can be sods to remove though!

OP
OP
Baggy

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Cotters should be OK if torqued down correctly.

Can be sods to remove though!
Our LBS sorted out the cotters (I could only get the non-driveside off!) so they should have been ok. The new old chainring ate a bit of the chainstays as it loosened, too :angry: Managed to get this one off with my magical lump hammer :laugh:

As it's definitely going to get used it will be easier all round if we pop something new on, I will of course hang on the old parts though.

OP
OP
Baggy

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
We stopped off for a quick cream tea during the ride, and the bike was admired by a chap who'd owned a Corsa in the '70s...he said it brought back some good memories!

Top Bottom