Yey! - no more studying!

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by HelenD123, 2 Jun 2008.

1. HelenD123

HelenD123 Veteran

Sorry, just had to share. I registered for a postgrad course at work three years ago and I've finally finished it:biggrin:. Just taken it to be posted. It shouldn't have taken anywhere near as long but I need the pressure of a deadline to get me motivated. I can't wait to get my life back and not have to go home from work and hit the books every evening.

The cycle commuting now starts in earnest:smile:. I'm gonna try for the remaining four days this week (but tomorrow's forecast doesn't look promising!) I really need to get fit and shift the extra pounds from all that late night snacking.;)

2. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Good for you Helen! ;)

My wife is doing a P/T masters at the moment as well as working p/t and looking after an eighteen month old so I understand the pressure it brings. Well done.

3. OP
    OP
    HelenD123

HelenD123 Veteran

I do have the option of upgrading it to a Masters and really can't face the thought of it at the moment but, as you say, give it a few months...

4. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Well it would be a shame not to go the last mile now you've come so far wouldn't it? ;);)

5. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

Well done! ;)

Hope it was worth it, and you get to use it positively and with relevant financial/career benefits.

6. OP
    OP
    HelenD123

HelenD123 Veteran

Sadly no financial gain but it will be useful if I need to change jobs.

7. marinyork

marinyork Resting in suspended Animation

Yay. Well done. Thinking of signing up for this sort of madness myself in future.

8. OP
    OP
    HelenD123

HelenD123 Veteran

My tip would be not to leave it to a last minute panic...

Seriously, it will be hard to start with so you just need to make yourself sit down and do something. I got faster and faster at churning out the work the more I did of it.

9. Helen of Troymester...I know you're not an old studdy duddy - enjoy your freedom and get on the bike. Eat what you want as long as you cycle!
    Well done:smile:

10. punkypossum

punkypossum Donut Devil

Well done Helen!!! I've still got about 4 weeks of hell to go...in fact, what am I doing posting here, I should be writing my case study! :rolleyes:

11. OP
    OP
    HelenD123

HelenD123 Veteran

Keep going Punky!! It'll soon all be over.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice