Yikes x3!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Tynan said:
first mention of her final speed, fine, as for fixation, it's the main cause of accidents isn't it, for all vehicles

you said she took it too fast, nearly lost it on the bends, and then did lose it, fact remains that she rode straight into a pedestrian, regardless of how arsey they were being, the fact that they actually shoved her over is only in your last post

laughing at someone falling off their bike is not a crime, sorry but it's not

I wouldn't laugh and I'd help, of course I would, so what

yeah they were objectionable idiots but you have to deal with and allow for all hazards, wet leaves included

I never trust dedicated cycle lanes, let alone shared use ones, strictly road me, granted my route allows it

I am sure the law frowns on people not helping at the scene of an accident (anyone know?). How were they to know how seriously hurt the girl was?

Tynan you are verging on trolling here. Accept that they were grade 1 a*&^holes and lets leave it at that.

Tynan

Veteran
trolling my arse, I find that offensive, I'm looking at it from another angle that you don't like, there's too much glib assumption that cyclists aren't at fault of any kind on here in accidents

so fact seems to be that she rode down a shared use track and failed to deal with peds being silly in her path

yet again, they were idiots, but it could have been dealt with without an accident, stop if you can't get safely round them

sounds like you're thinking about leaving the scene of an accident, not really going to apply to someone on foot when someone else falls off their bike, really intended for parties to a accident, and a road one at that, laws only go so far in telling us what to do

Tynan said:
trolling my arse, I find that offensive, I'm looking at it from another angle that you don't like, there's too much glib assumption that cyclists aren't at fault of any kind on here in accidents

so fact seems to be that she rode down a shared use track and failed to deal with peds being silly in her path

yet again, they were idiots, but it could have been dealt with without an accident, stop if you can't get safely round them

sounds like you're thinking about leaving the scene of an accident, not really going to apply to someone on foot when someone else falls off their bike, really intended for parties to a accident, and a road one at that, laws only go so far in telling us what to do

You are coming across as trying to find excuses for the muppets.

We only have Jacomus' description of events to work from and Jacomus has proved himself to be a reasonable chap on here. If he suggests that the cyclist wasn't at fault then I think we should believe him. Anything else is just supposition. There is no looking at it from other angles as we can't actually look at it!

There is no way that you can say, going on the facts we have, that the crash could have been averted by reasonable precautions. Sure if the cyclist took a different root, cycled at 2mph, dismounted her bike every time she passed by a pedestrian she could of avoided it. Is this practical? Jacomus has suggested that she was riding with due care and was forced into a crash by the muppets.

Why pick holes for the sake of picking holes?

Of course everything here is my own opinion, is not personal and is not a generalisation! ;)

OP
OP
Jacomus-rides-Gen

Jacomus-rides-Gen

If she had stopped completely I bet they would still have walked into her.

There is a difference between failing to deal with something in your path, and being willfully knocked off the path.

domtyler

Über Member
Sorry, I would have to say it is Tynan who is being completely reasonable here and MT and JRG who are not. Please re-read the OP.

domtyler said:
Sorry, I would have to say it is Tynan who is being completely reasonable here and MT and JRG who are not. Please re-read the OP.

I've read it. But you will find that Jacomus has further clarified that contact was made in subsequent posts.

I'd be amazed if you agreed with me anyway, Dom! ;)

OP
OP
Jacomus-rides-Gen

Jacomus-rides-Gen

Ok, so it was the girls fault for cycling on a shared path? I guess she deserved to get muscled off the path, because if she didn't want to suffer that, she should have thought of that first and had a sex change so that cowardly blokes wouldn't push her about.

If some twunt walks 'through' you on the pavement is it a) your fault for being there, or ;) their fault for being a c*ck?

stephenb

Guru
if she was in fact "muscled off the path" (i.e. physical contact) that used to be called battery and to the best of my knowledge still is. With or without contact the intimidation could make it assault. Either or both are "wrong" in any sense you care to use it.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
C'mon you lot,

Peds are deadheads, but they have right of way. Along with cage drivers they have some of the least roadsense, and we as cyclists have to consider this daily.
It is unfortunatly rather funny to non cyclists to see a bicycle crash and people in general tend to be less comminity(or whatever the word is)spirited these days.

Jacomus, you did the best you could do and I salute you, I have and would have done the same.

But all that has happened is a young lady had a nasty spill and the horrid peds made fun of her. I've hit deisel at 20mph and scraped 10' along the road while peds just stood, watched and laughed. The bus driver behind me was even beeping and gesticulating that I needed to get out of his way before I'd had a chance to get up, concussed and bleeding from the road
It's just the way that society has sadly gone.

The moral, if there is one is that compared to peds and cage drivers we cyclists do think too much some times.

Death to the cages, long live the velo!

Tdr1nka x

Tynan

Veteran
OP has posted, eventually, that they made no effort to push her off other than not getting out of her way

which means although they were peanuts (I've posted that repeatedly ffs) that she has either ridden into them, if there was contact, or come off while trying to go round them

if peds are stood across your path and aren't going to move and there's no way around them without having an accident then of course you have to stop

surely?

unless you want to have an accident and blame them for it

tdr1nka said:
C'mon you lot,

Peds are deadheads, but they have right of way. Along with cage drivers they have some of the least roadsense, and we as cyclists have to consider this daily.
It is unfortunatly rather funny to non cyclists to see a bicycle crash and people in general tend to be less comminity(or whatever the word is)spirited these days.

Jacomus, you did the best you could do and I salute you, I have and would have done the same.

But all that has happened is a young lady had a nasty spill and the horrid peds made fun of her. I've hit deisel at 20mph and scraped 10' along the road while peds just stood, watched and laughed. The bus driver behind me was even beeping and gesticulating that I needed to get out of his way before I'd had a chance to get up, concussed and bleeding from the road
It's just the way that society has sadly gone.

The moral, if there is one is that compared to peds and cage drivers we cyclists do think too much some times.

Death to the cages, long live the velo!

Tdr1nka x

The sad fact was, as I was reading your post I wondered to myself if you were from London. Looking across to your details I saw that you were.

I would honestly say that more times than not people would come to the aid of a fallen cyclist here in Glasgow. Sad if that is not the case elsewhere.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
P.S.
It is down to us cyclist to help fellow velos, even on those days with grit in our knees and feeling nothing but loathing for the cage drivers or arrogant abusive peds it is important we still encourage cycling for everyone and keep the crestfallen ones on their bikes for the good of everyone!

Here endeth the lesson.

T x

Tynan said:
OP has posted, eventually, that they made no effort to push her off other than not getting out of her way

which means although they were peanuts (I've posted that repeatedly ffs) that she has either ridden into them, if there was contact, or come off while trying to go round them

if peds are stood across your path and aren't going to move and there's no way around them without having an accident then of course you have to stop

surely?

So Tynan, what part of 'butting her with a shoulder' did you not understand?

Tynan

Veteran
if a bike rode into me I'd drop my shoulder, it's a natural defensive reaction, a shoulder doesn't move very far on it's own, she should have never have been vaguely close enough to be shouldered

it sure as hell doesn't mean pushing someone off their bike as some as suggested, despite OP never saying they did

OP has make it perfectly clear that they didn't push her off, they were in the way and stayed there, from the sound of it she rolled up to them expecting them to get out of the way and they didn't and planB wasn't a very good one

OP
OP
Jacomus-rides-Gen

Jacomus-rides-Gen

Tynan said:

surely?

I have said a couple of times that the guy butted her with his shoulder, doing that classic chav move of walking 'through' whoever is there in order to somehow show how tough they are.

Top Bottom