Yikes x3!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Jacomus-rides-Gen

Jacomus-rides-Gen

I expect that you actually wouldn't be in the way Tynan, in this example, becuase you would have stepped aside a little and shared the path like anyone decent. So you wouldn't need to drop a shoulder.

She was close enough to get shouldered because she was still on the path!! She would have had to get off the path to be out of the way.

Tynan said:
if a bike rode into me I'd drop my shoulder, it's a natural defensive reaction, a shoulder doesn't move very far on it's own, she should have never have been vaguely close enough to be shouldered

it sure as hell doesn't mean pushing someone off their bike as some as suggested, despite OP never saying they did

OP has make it perfectly clear that they didn't push her off, they were in the way and stayed there, from the sound of it she rolled up to them expecting them to get out of the way and they didn't and planB wasn't a very good one

What I am trying to point out is that you keep making assumptions that fall on the side of the muppets not the cyclist.

Jacomus has stated that she was butted and you then try and justify this by suggesting that it was a natural defensive reaction. Come on Tynan, going by the evidence (what Jacomus has written) do you really think this was what happened? This is why I suggested that you were close to trolling (no offense intended). You take what he has written and suggest that the muppets intentions were not what the observer Jacomus (who was actually there) suggests that they were. This is argument for arguments sake IMO.

Jacomus-rides-Gen said:
I expect that you actually wouldn't be in the way Tynan, in this example, becuase you would have stepped aside a little and shared the path like anyone decent. So you wouldn't need to drop a shoulder.

She was close enough to get shouldered because she was still on the path!! She would have had to get off the path to be out of the way.

...and might I add that it would not be a good idea for a young lady to stop next to a group of unknown men in these circumstances. It would and should be safer for her to carry on.

Tynan,

Did you miss the :blush: before the ;)?

I try my best not to twist words, if I do I apologise.

I would never judge you or anyone. We all have opinions and mine is just one of many. There is not one person on here who I entirely agree with all the time. It would boring if I did.

Go on, I will join in with the hug...... *group hugs*:tongue:

Has something happened to the forum clock? I posted my thread after Jacomus and BentMikey gave their hugs!!;)

Time warppppppppppp

Tynan

Veteran
Tynan sometimes has work to do and evening classes on top of that

I offer you all an alternative view of situations sometimes

Which some of you seem to almost deliberately misread and misunderstand

In no way whatsoever have I attempted to justify the pedestrians' actions at all at all

I've merely tried to explore alternative reactions to their behaviour that wouldn't have resulted in a spill

I wasn't there and I'm not disputing OP's view

Fact is though that she could have done other thing than come into contact with the ped and end up lying in the road, stop for starters or take avoiding action a great deal earlier rather than assuming they would get out of the way

Again, not excusing their behaviour or blaming her actions, just pointing out that it didn't have to be like that from the sounds of things

Magna, yet again you've read my carefully chosen words, and regurgitated them with assumptions and exaggerations, and best of all my favourite, judgement

OP
OP
Jacomus-rides-Gen

Jacomus-rides-Gen

*manhugs Tynan*

It wouldn't be the same if you didn't share your opinion, this is a forum after all ;)

Top Bottom