YODEL......is it always this crap ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Waiting for my new phone.
Got an early email to say its in the local depot.
Got a 2nd email at 10.00 to say its 'out for delivery'.
Nearly 6 hours later I am still waiting.
Can't move.
Can't sit in the garden.
Can they not at the least give you an approximate slot ??
GRRHHH....I am getting seriously annoyed.

sheddy

Legendary Member
I believe that they feature low in the rankings.
We’ve had the ‘we called but you were out’ BS.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
You could be anywhere in the list of 150 deliveries the driver has to do in the day.
Some courier companies are better than others at communicating an appropriate time.

Turbo time? 🤔

vickster

Legendary Member
Why can’t you sit in the garden? With most couriers you can nominate a safe place on the tracking page. Could they leave it somewhere if you don’t hear the doorbell?

However it’s not yet 9pm...

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Waiting for my new phone.
Got an early email to say its in the local depot.
Got a 2nd email at 10.00 to say its 'out for delivery'.
Nearly 6 hours later I am still waiting.
Can't move.
Can't sit in the garden.
Can they not at the least give you an approximate slot ??
GRRHHH....I am getting seriously annoyed.
IME, yes.
Worst experience was after 2 or 3 failed deliveries, me ringing and essentially saying just leave the effing parcel at the depot and I'll pick it up.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I think yodelling is how they let you know they are nearby. You have to listen carefully.

Afternoon,

Yodel appear to be one of those companies that have "self employed" employees.

So telling these self employed that they must deliver in "that order at that time using our tracing app" might make the fiction that the delivery driver is not an employee even less believable. :-)

Oh, that's not very convenient for the customer, yes but we are cheaper, okay we'll use you.

Below the line is a recent job post of their's
=========================================================================
Courier Delivery Driver - Self Employed - Worcester (WR2)
Worcester (WR1), Worcester
£30 - £40 per day
Yodel
Part Time
Recently
Check your FitScore
Role Overview

Courier Delivery Driver - Self Employed

A fantastic Self-Employed Courier position has opened up in WR2 area

- Earning potential £30 - £40 per day - The more you deliver the more you will earn

- Your Courier Services are required across Monday to Saturday (Tuesday to Friday are our busiest days) May consider candidates over 5 days- Tues - Sat.

- Delivering around 50 parcels per day within an agreed postcode area.

- Deliveries here will typically take you on average 3-4 hours (pending experience)

- Parcels will need be delivered to your home address between 07.30- 8.30 daily
- Please note deliveries to Schools will need to be delivered before 3pm, Businesses before 5pm and Residential before 9pm

Self-Employed roles suitable for independent contractors wishing to accept offers of work up to 6 days per week, depending on parcel volume this may take as little as 4 hours or more to complete services each day. There are a range of opportunities to fit most suppliers' circumstances and we welcome those that already supply services to other carriers or businesses.

What you'll be doing

As a Self-Employed Courier, you'll deliver promises, as well as parcels. You'll use your friendliness, warmth and attention to detail to deliver every item safely with a smile.

Whether you drive a car or a small van (up to 3.5 tonne), Yodel can offer you between 30-120 parcels a day, up to six days a week. Giving you plenty of opportunity to earn a great income with our competitive rate per parcel. And although being a Self-Employed Courier means handling things like your own taxes and using your own mobile device to scan your parcels, you won't be on your own. We'll point you in the direction of experts who can help.

What you need to show us

You don't need any specific delivery experience to work with us. You just need to be organised and confident behind the wheel. You'll need your own car or small van along with the relevant insurance (we can help you with this). One last thing, you'll also need a suitable mobile device to download our App, this will support you to get the job done and make sorting your routes easier. What we need from you is commitment and enthusiasm. After all, customers will be relying on you to deliver every parcel in great condition, on time, with a smile.

Why work with us

As drivers are the driving force of our business, we'll have your back from day one. We'll do everything we can to make sure you always feel confident, supported, driven to succeed and ready to deliver your best.

This means you'll get to enjoy all the benefits of driving on a self-employed basis with the support of a leading delivery company. We'll offer you regular work subject to your availability and the available parcel volume. You'll be delivering parcels from big high street names in your own vehicle. And with uncapped revenue (volume dependent), you're in control of how much you earn. So, you know you'll always get out what you put in.

You'll be assigned a dedicated site rep, who's always ready to help if you have any questions.

It's a great feeling, knowing that your deliveries make a difference to people across your local area. And it's even better knowing that you've got one of the UK's leading delivery partners behind you every step of the way.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Afternoon,

Yodel appear to be one of those companies that have "self employed" employees.

So telling these self employed that they must deliver in "that order at that time using our tracing app" might make the fiction that the delivery driver is not an employee even less believable. :-)

Oh, that's not very convenient for the customer, yes but we are cheaper, okay we'll use you.

Below the line is a recent job post of their's
=========================================================================
Courier Delivery Driver - Self Employed - Worcester (WR2)
Worcester (WR1), Worcester
£30 - £40 per day
Yodel
Part Time
Recently
Check your FitScore
Role Overview

Courier Delivery Driver - Self Employed

A fantastic Self-Employed Courier position has opened up in WR2 area

- Earning potential £30 - £40 per day - The more you deliver the more you will earn

- Your Courier Services are required across Monday to Saturday (Tuesday to Friday are our busiest days) May consider candidates over 5 days- Tues - Sat.

- Delivering around 50 parcels per day within an agreed postcode area.

- Deliveries here will typically take you on average 3-4 hours (pending experience)

- Parcels will need be delivered to your home address between 07.30- 8.30 daily
- Please note deliveries to Schools will need to be delivered before 3pm, Businesses before 5pm and Residential before 9pm

Self-Employed roles suitable for independent contractors wishing to accept offers of work up to 6 days per week, depending on parcel volume this may take as little as 4 hours or more to complete services each day. There are a range of opportunities to fit most suppliers' circumstances and we welcome those that already supply services to other carriers or businesses.

What you'll be doing

As a Self-Employed Courier, you'll deliver promises, as well as parcels. You'll use your friendliness, warmth and attention to detail to deliver every item safely with a smile.

Whether you drive a car or a small van (up to 3.5 tonne), Yodel can offer you between 30-120 parcels a day, up to six days a week. Giving you plenty of opportunity to earn a great income with our competitive rate per parcel. And although being a Self-Employed Courier means handling things like your own taxes and using your own mobile device to scan your parcels, you won't be on your own. We'll point you in the direction of experts who can help.

What you need to show us

You don't need any specific delivery experience to work with us. You just need to be organised and confident behind the wheel. You'll need your own car or small van along with the relevant insurance (we can help you with this). One last thing, you'll also need a suitable mobile device to download our App, this will support you to get the job done and make sorting your routes easier. What we need from you is commitment and enthusiasm. After all, customers will be relying on you to deliver every parcel in great condition, on time, with a smile.

Why work with us

As drivers are the driving force of our business, we'll have your back from day one. We'll do everything we can to make sure you always feel confident, supported, driven to succeed and ready to deliver your best.

This means you'll get to enjoy all the benefits of driving on a self-employed basis with the support of a leading delivery company. We'll offer you regular work subject to your availability and the available parcel volume. You'll be delivering parcels from big high street names in your own vehicle. And with uncapped revenue (volume dependent), you're in control of how much you earn. So, you know you'll always get out what you put in.

You'll be assigned a dedicated site rep, who's always ready to help if you have any questions.

It's a great feeling, knowing that your deliveries make a difference to people across your local area. And it's even better knowing that you've got one of the UK's leading delivery partners behind you every step of the way.
A whole £30-40 a day......staggering:wacko:.
Phone was just delivered. No knock or ring, just a (very friendly) wave and the box left on the step.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Perhaps, I have just been lucky, but, I find Hermes, Yodel, DHL all excellent, Royal Mail a poor second. Mind you, I am a prolific "online shopper", and, the regular couriers know to leave parcel(s) in agreed location, without me having to ask. With Royal Mail, Postie constantly changes, and it is necessary to start over again, establishing an understanding.

steverob

Guru
Had fun with a Hermes delivery the other day (and I'm not just picking on them, had something similar with Yodel previously). During Covid-19, rather than knocking at your door for a signature, they now just leave your parcel in a safe spot and take a photo of it, which then gets texted or e-mailed to you as proof of delivery. Trouble is, the photo they sent to me of my parcel wasn't taken at my house.

I was able to figure whose house it probably was, but wasn't really willing to go up their drive and root around behind their recycle bin (where the parcel was "hidden") as it would look VERY suspicious, so I went online to see if I could find out how to complain. There were tons of answers in their FAQ for all sorts of weird and wonderful situations, but none for "your driver has delivered my parcel to somebody else's house"!

Luckily, the owners of that house did find the parcel that night - which was pretty surprising, as the photo made it look quite well hidden and if you didn't know to look for it (and they wouldn't, as they weren't expecting a delivery) - and did drop it round to us in the end.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Hermes are good and their tracking system is very helpful. It's very easy to send parcels with them using their online booking and home pick up.
Trying to contact them to speak to someone however............👎

Top Bottom