Yodel Suspends Collections Hitting Deliveries

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Leodis

Veteran
To be fair, Yodel are effin crap at this delivering. I previously had a bike delivered from PX and the time scale was between 7am and 9pm and this week a box marked "Fragile" was smashed up, luckly for me it was bird seed but it could have been an expensive xmas pressie. Also the drivers mate who delivered looked like they had been picked up off the street this morning for a bit of cash in hand.

http://news.sky.com/story/1390693/yodel-suspends-collections-hitting-deliveries

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I used Argos to deliver once but they were using Yodel, whose driver left me waiting indoors half the day and didn't show. When I phoned Argos, it appeared that he'd left a note on their computer system saying '''gates chained, no access to premises.'' (I haven't got a gate to chain.) In my letter of complaint I suggested using Yodel was damaging to their business. And I haven't used Argos since.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I do wonder how Yodel stay in business. We sat in, waiting for a delivery which never arrived. When we called the depot, they said that the weather was too bad. We just got into our 3 door hatchback (which we had at the time) and drove up the A11 and collected the parcel from them. I have no idea what weather conditions they were talking about as it was not snowing, not windy, not lashing it down with rain or anything. It was just a slightly dull sort of late winter/early spring day.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Yodel are well known for being crap, as are coopers carriers. We had an item delivered by coopers carriers and 4 times it was damaged to the extent that you could see footprints in the smashed in box. 4 times we refused to accept the item, in the end I phoned the people I purchased the item from and told them i didnt want it anymore as there was no chance of it reaching me without being damaged.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
I do wonder how Yodel stay in business. We sat in, waiting for a delivery which never arrived. When we called the depot, they said that the weather was too bad. We just got into our 3 door hatchback (which we had at the time) and drove up the A11 and collected the parcel from them. I have no idea what weather conditions they were talking about as it was not snowing, not windy, not lashing it down with rain or anything. It was just a slightly dull sort of late winter/early spring day.

They stay in business by offering very low prices to companies to deliver their goods just like citylink do then they take on so much work they cant deliver on time, but it seems there are always companies willing to give these jokers a go.

I would never knowingly use any company who uses Yodel/HDL or Citylink and if I find out after I have placed my order that this is the case I cancel my order where possible and tell them why I have canceled, it is the only way these people get the message.

Dan B

Disengaged member
Yes, my recent purchase of tyres from Planet X took over a week to arrive, and no communication of any kind from them except in response to public complaints on Twitter.

It's a bit annoying that PX don't say on their web site they use Yodel, because that would almost certainly have factored into my decision to buy from them.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Yes, my recent purchase of tyres from Planet X took over a week to arrive, and no communication of any kind from them except in response to public complaints on Twitter.

It's a bit annoying that PX don't say on their web site they use Yodel, because that would almost certainly have factored into my decision to buy from them.
I just ordered something from PX and the delivery charge was for RM. They state that they use Royal Mail for under £100-*and courier for over. As I did it today, there's an unlikely possibility that they've changed it today because of Yoodlum's temporary problems - much more likely that they've now dumped Yodel because of their permanent problems. Unless you spent over £100 on tyres....

EDIT: *
Courier Options
First Class Post
Orders below £100 will be delivered by Royal Mail.
Orders placed before 3pm on weekdays will be dispatched the same working day. Orders placed after 3pm on Friday or over the weekend will be dispatched on Monday. Royal Mail typically delivers within 1-2 working days but unfortunately we are unable to guarantee a delivery day. Orders of £100 and under will be subject to a £3.95 postage charge.

Crankarm

Guru
The f***wits at Yodel left one of my parcels in a neighbour's wheelie bin that had been put out for the bin men arriving the next morning. They then left a large convector heater that I'd ordered from Amazon outside my front door. Suffice to say it wasn't there when I got home from work in the evening. Yodel are total f***wits. As has been said if I know a company uses them, ShittyLink or DHL I do NOT order from them. Thankfully most seem to use RM/Parcel Force who have improved massively as they used to be crap as well. At least they leave stuff at the local PO which is about 1/2 mile away and not at the other end of the UK so pointless having free delivery or with a neighbour you know nothing about let alone can trust.

Crankarm

Guru
I just ordered something from PX and the delivery charge was for RM. They state that they use Royal Mail for under £100-*and courier for over. As I did it today, there's an unlikely possibility that they've changed it today because of Yoodlum's temporary problems - much more likely that they've now dumped Yodel because of their permanent problems. Unless you spent over £100 on tyres....

EDIT: *
Courier Options
First Class Post
Orders below £100 will be delivered by Royal Mail.
Orders placed before 3pm on weekdays will be dispatched the same working day. Orders placed after 3pm on Friday or over the weekend will be dispatched on Monday. Royal Mail typically delivers within 1-2 working days but unfortunately we are unable to guarantee a delivery day. Orders of £100 and under will be subject to a £3.95 postage charge.

Why not email PX and vent about Yodel?

Roadrider48

Voice of the people

If you go to your account section on the PX website it does tell you what courier they are using. Next to what you have ordered.

Top Bottom