England : North Yorkshire York - Humber Bridge - York

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Not sure if I'll make the meet at Humber Bridge guys. It depends how much it's raining at 5am when I need to set off for work, I may opt to drive in :blush:
Have a good ride & hopefully the weather will be ok:okay:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Not sure if I'll make the meet at Humber Bridge guys. It depends how much it's raining at 5am when I need to set off for work, I may opt to drive in :blush:
Have a good ride & hopefully the weather will be ok:okay:
If I were facing a 5 am commute and risked getting soaked (and had a car!) then I would probably drive in too!

If you do decide to meet us ... we might get to the cafe by the bridge a bit early because I would rather not hang about at the Minster until 09:00.

SpuddyJones

Sorry Colin, I am off to Mallorca Sunday morning and I am currently figuring out the best way to get all the pieces of my bike into the bike box.

Have a great ride all!!

ColinJ

@ColinJ do you still have my mobile no.?
Hmm - looks like I DON'T, unless it is hidden away in some old PM. It certainly doesn't feature on my current phone's contact list.

Sorry Colin, I am off to Mallorca Sunday morning and I am currently figuring out the best way to get all the pieces of my bike into the bike box.

Have a great ride all!!
Have fun! I'll see you on another ride in the future, no doubt.

ColinJ

I've just created some GPX files from last year's tracklog, and I have done one for the diversion at North Cave in case the road is closed after all.

(The GPX for the return leg finishes at the station rather than the Minster.)

Attachments

• North Cave diversion.gpx
    4.5 KB · Views: 70
  • Humber Bridge to York station.gpx
    6.9 KB · Views: 65
  • York to Humber Bridge.gpx
    11.1 KB · Views: 71

Buck

Guru
I have downloaded the GPX from the first post.

Apart from the North Cave diversion and finish point being the railway station, is that different to the collective ones you have just uploaded?

ColinJ

I have downloaded the GPX from the first post.

Apart from the North Cave diversion and finish point being the railway station, is that different to the collective ones you have just uploaded?
Ha ha - I had forgotten that this isn't officially my ride! I normally upload the files for my rides and I knew that I hadn't done it for this one so I took my tracklog from last year and created the files from that. I had forgotten that busdennis had already supplied a link to the route.

So the actual route out and back to York ring road should be exactly the same. The one thing that anyone will an old GPS device like my ancient Etrex will benefit from is the reduced number of points in each track. The device has a limit of 500 points per track so I simplify files to fit well within that limit. It does mean that my tracks do not exactly match the shape of the underlying roads but I ensure that all junctions make sense.

ColinJ

Ok, I have got everything ready for the morning so all I will have to do is get up, and head out out of the front door to get drenched on the 1 km ride down to meet Brian!

(Oh, and pick up some cash in Hebden Bridge and buy my rail ticket at the station.)

05:00 is too early to be force-feeding myself so I have made a 'bucket' of porridge to eat on the train to York. (It is actually a 500 mL yoghurt pot about half full - that should get me to the bridge!)

Top Bottom