1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

YORK media materials

Discussion in 'Advocacy and Cycling Safety' started by sheddy, 3 Mar 2008.

1. sheddy

sheddy Veteran

In recognition of Archers terrific media appearance(s), I think we ought to make York our 2nd media town, so

Post York media ideas here, anything that might be useful in order to make a local pilot cycling radio show like -
    Radio/TV Station contacts
    Production companies
    Cycling Clubs
    Council contacts
    Shops
    Celebrity folks who might get involved

2. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

I'm flattered...

Well, I can tell you a few things York has - a cycle courier company (not just guys with bags, proper load carrying with trikes and 8-freights, a recycling scheme that uses a trike and trailer (alongside an electric van), a bike recycling scheme, the headquarters of Company of Cyclists and an internationally distributed special interest cycling magazine, Velo Vision - for which I now work! There are cycling clubs of course, although I don't really know about them. And City of York Council are developing a bid to become a ‘Cycling Demonstration Town/ City’, apparently.

Not sure about council contacts, I'm a bit rusty on that. Debate here suggests it may not be all that clear - and that York has a fair way to go to be perfect in terms of facilities etc....

3. marinyork

marinyork Resting in suspended Animation

York is also the home of anti-cyclist local nutter celeb extraordinaire Mike Usherwood and a very anti-cycling newspaper...