England : North Yorkshire Yorkshire Beast 2022

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Guru
God that looks horrible, and the threat of being pulled off the road if you're running outside the time limit for your £90 entry fee :wacko:

Good luck!

OP
OP
Joffey

Joffey

Big Dosser
God that looks horrible, and the threat of being pulled off the road if you're running outside the time limit for your £90 entry fee :wacko:

Good luck!

I thought the ride in the minibus was a positive! I was planning on taking advantage of that at around mile 70 ^_^

T4tomo

Guru
I'd want a hotel in Thirsk and do it over 2 days to be honest. I've seen people roll into Whitby in the darkness looking broken from the 150mile Coast to Coast in a day, this is longer and a lot tougher.

Short but hellish steep in the Moors - Caper Hill into Chimney Bank FFS to weaken the legs and then 4 big long grinds in Dales to finish you off.

OP
OP
Joffey

Joffey

Big Dosser
I'd want a hotel in Thirsk and do it over 2 days to be honest. I've seen people roll into Whitby in the darkness looking broken from the 150mile Coast to Coast in a day, this is longer and a lot tougher.

Short but hellish steep in the Moors - Caper Hill into Chimney Bank FFS to weaken the legs and then 4 big long grinds in Dales to finish you off.

It's a crazy ride. I'm starting with a coach in January to at least I can give it a proper go.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
It looks interesting, but more like a 300km audax with feed zones. Tough, but do-able.

This one's 300km with 16000ft of climbing in April. And £9.70 to enter: https://audax.uk/event-details?eventId=9152 So shorter, steeper and cheaper :whistle:

I suppose the organisers deserve credit for organising something different. Looking at it I think I'd feel I'd done well to do it in four days. May try it solo carrying my faithful ionosphere microtent and half a pannier of espresso. I note that there's a spoons at one of the crossovers - Thirsk - may prove welcome.

geocycle

Legendary Member
Bit like having a three course Christmas dinner with large extended family and then doing it all agin with the same folk the next day! Too much of a good thing in my book. However, a nice idea for a weekend based around Thirsk next year.

geocycle

Legendary Member
Sorry, been on the black sheep, apologies for the rubbish metaphor.

This is an amazing route with some great climbs, scenery and roads, in both Dales and NYM, but in my opinion the attraction of these great cycling areas is in danger of being lost within a single very long ride. I’ve ridden most of the route at one time or another. I realise that others will relish the challenge, which is way beyond my fitness, but for me I’d need to split it into two to really enjoy it. Full of admiration for all who complete it or even attempt it. Chapeau!

Top Bottom