Yorkshire Day Today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Aren't you going to ask why i'm wearing it?🤔

It was taken i'd say around 1993.

Edit....Just checked, it was 1993.

Nope.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Ok,seeing as you aren't going to ask i'll tell you!🧐 My long gone mate was a Leeds fan. He had a spare ticket for the 1993 FA Youth Cup Final between Leeds and Man Utd at Elland Road. He asked if i fancied going. I said yes,i wouldn't mind. He said it'd be best to wear a Leeds shirt as we were going for a pre match pint in the Old Peacock pub,which is used by Leeds fans before and after games. He said that not wearing Leeds colours might make some 'head cases' think i was a manc keeping a low profile and it'd be safer to wear a Leeds shirt for safety. Hence me wearing/borrowing his Leeds away shirt for the match.

Last edited:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Meanwhile at Egton Bridge, competitive gooseberry growing has resumed.
5568.jpg

I've no idea who won the rhubarb playoffs though.

DRM

Guru
For an answer you need to visit The Rhubarb Triangle! If you dare!!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhubarb_Triangle

Bit of a strange article, the Rhubarb Triangle is the area from Morley, through Tingley, East Ardsley, out to Rothwell, then to Carlton, no where near Bradford, and someone in Pudsey (they call it Pusdey) is not in the Rhubarb Triangle, there is still the remains of rhubarb sheds visible from the M62 eastbound between J28 & J29.
I think E Oldroyds near Lingwell Gate are the only “Tusky” producers now.

Last edited:
OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
Bit of a strange article, the Rhubarb Triangle is the area from Morley, through Tingley, East Ardsley, out to Rothwell, then to Carlton, no where near Bradford, and someone in Pudsey (they call it Pusdey) is not in the Rhubarb Triangle, there is still the remains of rhubarb sheds visible from the M62 eastbound between J28 & J29.
I think E Oldroyds near Lingwell Gate are the only “Tusky” producers now.
Outsiders!

DRM

Guru
Outsiders!
Yes, trying it on

Top Bottom