Yorkshire Day Today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member

Every 1st August in York the Yorkshire flag is carried to the four walls of the city and a declaration swearing loyalty to the county is read out. It reads:

• That Yorkshire is three Ridings and the City of York with these boundaries of one thousand, one hundred and thirty nine years standing;

That the address of all places in these Ridings is YORKSHIRE;

That all persons born therein or resident therein and loyal to the Ridings are Yorkshire men and women;

That any person or corporate body which deliberately ignores or denies the aforementioned shall forfeit all claim to Yorkshire status.
YORKSHIRE FOREVER!
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!​

Last edited:
Even Google pays tribute!!

Google%20Doodle_5.jpg

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Keep it quiet,but i have a Yorkshire connection.:secret: My mum's cousin (he confessed one night down the pub) and my ex,ex lady friend (who frequently said that Yorkshire fish and chips were 'the best' which annoyed me immensely!) were born in Halifax and i lived in a village called Cowling,near Keighley for a year or so in the late 1980's.

Last edited:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Is somebody going to wheel out Geoff Boycott?

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
Keep it quiet,but i have a Yorkshire connection.:secret: My mum's cousin (he confessed one night down the pub) and my ex,ex lady friend (who frequently said that Yorkshire fish and chips were 'the best' which annoyed me immensely!) were born in Halifax and i lived in a village called Cowling,near Keighley for a year or so in the late 1980's.
Did they say which chippy?

View attachment 601982
Every 1st August in York the Yorkshire flag is carried to the four walls of the city and a declaration swearing loyalty to the county is read out. It reads:

• That Yorkshire is three Ridings and the City of York with these boundaries of one thousand, one hundred and thirty nine years standing;
Can't they count in yorkshire?
Add up?

Have they been told it's 2022 next year?

Last edited:
Top Bottom