Yorkshire Puddings

Yorkshire Puddings......

• How the heck do you get them to rise, I keep on making biscuits

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Before or after the Beef...........

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • It's all about the batter, not the veg........

Votes: 12 85.7%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
OK..so many of us use frozen "Yorkshire Puddings" in our Sunday Dinners, but who amongst our band of trepid explorers actually know a: how to make them, b: when to serve them, c: dont care, just gimme more.

I have a recipe that is closely guarded and is only used when the wife's family are not present, as I love the look on her mum's face when my yorkshires come out of the oven, tall and proud and.......nomnomnom....

classic33

Leg End Member
Thems thats had most puddin, has most meat

TVC

Forget 'Yorkshire pudding trays' use 'muffin trays'. Never admit to it though, like no woman would admit to wearing a padded bra, it helps everything point in the right direction.

Equal volumes of plain flour, milk and egg and a bit of salt. Don't over whisk, let tt stand for an hour before pouring in the tray with smoking hot oil.

OP
OP
Andy_R

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
Add some coarse ground black pepper to the ingredients.

I was raised in competition leek growing territory. Many a failed exhibition pot leek ended up in the king of suet puddings.
So it's more like a dumpling than a yorkshire pud

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
So it's more like a dumpling than a yorkshire pud

It's more like a manly pudding than a poncy flouncy ephemeral bonne bouche.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Granny from Altofts in Yorkshire's mix was 4oz seasoned plain flour, one egg and half pint of milk or doubled/ trebled equally, well beaten and left to stand... then poured into smoking oil in her 'speciall' large, well-seasoned deep sided oblong tin.... she always served it in slices with gravy before the meat but we eat it with the meat.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Granny from Altofts in Yorkshire's mix was 4oz seasoned plain flour, one egg and half pint of milk or doubled/ trebled equally, well beaten and left to stand... then poured into smoking oil in her 'speciall' large, well-seasoned deep sided oblong tin.... she always served it in slices with gravy before the meat but we eat it with the meat.

When leeks were out of season we had to make do with that version of a pudding served in an identical manner. Much nicer than the current lightweight stuff masquerading as Yorkshire puddings. Healthy eating has got a a lot to answer for.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Mrs GA makes Yorkshire Pudding whenever we have a roast. I don't even think we Americans have access to frozen Yorkshire Pudding. Also deep sided oblong tin and sliced, I might add.

My grannie's recipe for Yorkshire pudding involved using half and half self raising flour and strong flour. That way the batter didn't sink when it had risen!

And as stated about, you heated the oil to smoking point before pouring the batter in.

Last edited:
Top Bottom