Yorkshire to host 2014 TDF start

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davefb

Guru
*brilliant* .. absolutely brilliant..

two days based round leeds, then down south for that there laaahndon?

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Excellent!

Though having now read about it, bad news for the Scottish bid. Hope your chance comes soon - it sounds like the Edinburgh bid is still live but for a later year.

thom

____
Yorkshire's ambassadorial entourage:

A-Ejo2kCAAIWfqB.jpg

Apparently in a visit after the Olympics, the ASO president asked Yorkshire if they could bring forward their 2016 application to 2014. They are keen to see a repeat of the heady days of road racing support during the Olympics, so in some way this is a reward for all the people who lined the streets in pouring rain last August.

Congratulations everyone !

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I wonder if they will do a 'Leeds Classic' on the Tour riders? They made that race so hard that only about 20% of the riders finished the race. Robert Millar said afterwards that with the 'heavy' road surfaces and relentless steep Yorkshire hills, the race organisers were "taking the p*ss" and he wasn't exactly a poor climber!

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
I wonder if they will do a 'Leeds Classic' on the Tour riders? They made that race so hard that only about 20% of the riders finished the race. Robert Millar said afterwards that with the 'heavy' road surfaces and relentless steep Yorkshire hills, the race organisers were "taking the p*ss" and he wasn't exactly a poor climber!

You had better get a ride organized colin :thumbsup:

I'm trying to think of a famous cyclist from Leeds. Oh, hang on, Jimmy Saville:rofl:

Seriously though, well done to everyone involved but note that I won't be available to help host the opening ceremony again. Once was enough for me.

Top Bottom