Yorkshire to host 2014 TDF start

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I think having the tour anywhere outside France, apart from an unadvoiable section through a bordering country maybe, is a nonsense.

Chris-H

Über Member
I was out in my shed when my Mrs came out to break the news to me that we will be going to Leeds in 2014,we have family in Bradford so happy days :wahhey:

simon.r

Person
It's all down to me...well, I've had a nice email from 'Welcome To Yorkshire' saying thank you:smile: (I'm assuming because I signed their petition online a while ago).

THANK YOU!
Yorkshire to host the 2014 Tour de France
Yorkshire has beaten worldwide competition to bring the world’s largest annual sporting event - the Tour de France - to the county, and we would like to thank you for your support.
Yorkshire will host the Grand Départ, the huge and prestigious opening few days racing, of the 2014 event, bringing the iconic race to the north of England for the first time.

The county will host the first two days racing on the 5th and 6th July before the Tour moves south for a third stage in southern England, with a finish in London. The host city of the Grand Départ will be Leeds which will host a festival of cycling and the arts to coincide with the arrival of the Tour.

To keep up to date with the latest news, follow @LeTourYorkshire and Facebook.com/LeTourYorkshire or visit our website.

Allez Yorkshire!

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Yorkshire has beaten worldwide competition to bring the world’s largest annual sporting event - the Tour de France - to the county, and we would like to thank you for your support.

Worldwide? They could have said ''international'' but ''worldwide'' is over-egging it, isn't it?

Top Bottom