Yorkshire's Olympics

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
The BBC have a programme on Yorkshire Firefighters now. I wonder how they differ from other firefighters?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000wpp3
'appen it's because they's Yorkshire firemen, grandest firemen in the world tha knows.

Real men, not like them big bloody Jessies from Lancashire. 😂😂😂

classic33

Leg End Member
And on the eight day God made Yorkshire, and saw that it was good, too good in fact, so he wanted to tone down its excellence, after pondering for a while he thought “Ah I know...”

and filled it with Tykes.
The three wise men were from the East Riding.

Yorkshire is definitely a worldbeater when it comes to PR - telly is full of it, yorkshire this, yorkshire that, yorkshire vet, coming soon on channel 5 yorkshire gynaecologist.
channel 5, and yorkshire's PR gurus, have surpassed my expectations/most paranoid fears - 7pm tonight "Our great Yorkshire life".

Give them their own channel.

classic33

Leg End Member
channel 5, and yorkshire's PR gurus, have surpassed my expectations/most paranoid fears - 7pm tonight "Our great Yorkshire life".

Give them their own channel.
We had one at one time, Yorkshire Television.

It'll be Yorkshire Television again, one day.

We had one at one time, Yorkshire Television.

It'll be Yorkshire Television again, one day.
good channel as I recall from the glory days of ITV regions, which also of course gave us Lancashire's very own (and in truth superior) Granada.
Yorkshire TV gave us I think Les Dawson progs - good.
But I don't ever remember it inflicting Yorkshire this/yorkshire that on us all.

classic33

Leg End Member
good channel as I recall from the glory days of ITV regions, which also of course gave us Lancashire's very own (and in truth superior) Granada.
Yorkshire TV gave us I think Les Dawson progs - good.
But I don't ever remember it inflicting Yorkshire this/yorkshire that on us all.
Plug it to the BBC. You never know, it might work.

Yes, Manchester born Les did half hour comedy shows for Yorkshire tv in the 1970's/80's. One I particularly remember was when he played a council road sweeper who looked around to check if the coast was clear before sweeping some rubbish over the county borderline into Lancashire!🧐
the progs with John Cleese I think?
Truly an odd combination.
I seem to recall that Cleese was something of a fan.
And am pretty sure that both would have a few choice words about the overwoke.

PaulB

Legendary Member
The problem with Yorkshire (all of them) is they have to live in the shadow of Lancashire - particularly the old county of Lancashire. Yorkshiremen are what god had to populate the county with to counter the (sometimes nice) countryside. They tend to go quiet if you ask how many times a Yorkshire football team brought home the European Cup.

Top Bottom