You are with Virgin mobile.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
ok just imagine you are with Virgin mobile.You have a Blackberry Curve that is 18 months old.Reception in your area has been crap till of late when they joined up with another company,so you also have the chance to view the web but it's so slow and crap you lose your temper and shout at the phone.Now months later you are so fed up you are going just for a phone no gimmicks just a phone and texts not even bothered about a camera.So out of Virgins range of £12-£15 per month ,which would you choose.Because i have been looking then reading reviews by sites and comments by customers who scream shite phones.And i don't intend to pay monthly for another load of crap.Please, please advise me.

BSRU

A Human Being
If you want a phone with no gimmicks they sell a PAYG phone for just £10, my misses was given one for free when she recently changed from PAYG to monthly contract.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
am with Virgin Mobile and have the Samsung SGHf480.
Not too fancy, does all I need it too which is phone and text. Not interested in apps, twitter, internet etc

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
Couldnt you put the curve on payg? Turn off the blackberry data stuff, but itd also let you web browse on wifi which a cheapo phone wouldnt and use apps such as gps tracking?

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
all the family with Virgin loads of differant phones , never had any issues , i use Nokia x2 , whilst both mum and my partner use older Nokia bricks and the step son has a curve and no issues at all

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Virgin reception in our (mine and postman's) street is not very good at all. My wife took my daughter into Leeds to buy a mobile phone and came back with some bling on the Virgin network. The phone would only work in one of the bedrooms or the attic so it was taken back for a refund. They subsequently returned with a phone that was on some other network that was piggy backed off Virgin having totally ignored my advice to buy a phone on the O2 network which from my experience over the past eight years has been excellent.

I refused to participate in the second phase of refund/rebuying/advising.

subaqua

What’s the point
Virgin reception in our (mine and postman's) street is not very good at all. My wife took my daughter into Leeds to buy a mobile phone and came back with some bling on the Virgin network. The phone would only work in one of the bedrooms or the attic so it was taken back for a refund. They subsequently returned with a phone that was on some other network that was piggy backed off Virgin having totally ignored my advice to buy a phone on the O2 network which from my experience over the past eight years has been excellent.

I refused to participate in the second phase of refund/rebuying/advising.

virgin piggybacks onto the t mobile network. you can use orange ( yeah i know) as part of the tmobile/orange "merger" .

not that this helps you in this situation though.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
virgin piggybacks onto the t mobile network. you can use orange ( yeah i know) as part of the tmobile/orange "merger" .

not that this helps you in this situation though.

I'd like to revise my story in that light....

First purchase was T-mobile second was Virgin...

david1701

if you have crap signal why not try another networkas they all have different regional levels of coverage?

I know this isn't answering the original question about what phone; but, reception is the other way round in our area from Vernon's.
I'm on Vodafone - no choice, company supplied phone and contract - no reception at home and sporadic reception in our area, Mrs ArDee and son on Virgin, excellent reception. As has been pointed out different networks have different coverage, assess the area you want to use the phone in and choose the network to suit. There's a network coverage check here http://ask.ofcom.org.uk/help/telephone/mobilecoverage.

BSRU

A Human Being
I know this isn't answering the original question about what phone; but, reception is the other way round in our area from Vernon's.
I'm on Vodafone - no choice, company supplied phone and contract - no reception at home and sporadic reception in our area, Mrs ArDee and son on Virgin, excellent reception. As has been pointed out different networks have different coverage, assess the area you want to use the phone in and choose the network to suit. There's a network coverage check here http://ask.ofcom.org.uk/help/telephone/mobilecoverage.
If it is Vodafone 3G and you have broadband at home then Vodafone have a solution to no coverage area's.

Top Bottom